Chapter 18. || "Number 12. "

Nathan was in front of me, and I had the best view of his face: his thick eyebrows looked even more thick, his nose as profiled as always made his cheeckbones pop out and the features of his face looked even more marked and sharp. He had taken his shirt off, probably after I fell asleep, and, I didn't complain, because the duvet in these moments only covered him from his waist down. He was asleep, and I wanted him to stay like that, so I could admire him without feeling that I was staring too much at him. The first lights of the morning illuminated him, since he was facing the window, making everything look even lighter and, why not? a little bit more romantic as well. I was cuddled close to his chest, the window on my back. 

I started to inspect his face with more depth. He had some freckles and moles on his cheeks, his lips were big, which gave the impression that beneath them was a small sinking, to then give way to his pronounced chin; his eyebrows got thicker as they approached his temples, and the place where his eyelids met his nose was somehow sunken, making it look dark. I noticed that he had shaved recently, because you could barely notice a beard growing. His skin, I noticed, wasn't perfect. In fact, it was too glossy. 

He had some little pimples on his forehead, but, most of them where covered by the lock of tousled hair that now fell on his face, almost touching his eyes. It was time for him to cut it, if he still wanted to keep the style he was wearing now: short fringe and hair combed up, quiff-like. His face, like the rest of his body, was pale, so you could notice the dark circles under his eyes, product of traveling so much and not resting enough. 

I remembered what he told me the day he confessed all the truth: «and at first I loved you because I thought you were perfect but then I realized you were not perfect and then I loved you even more.»

Like a mother's instinct, I felt the urge to sweep away that lock of hair off his face, but I shouldn't, because then he slowly started opening his eyes. 

—I'm sorry. 

His lips curved a little bit on a smile. —Why? —he said just so I could hear him, his voice sleepy. 

—I didn't want to wake you up. 

He ignored my comment. —What were you doing? 

—I was thinking. 

He got closer to me. —Thinking about what? 

I got closer to him. —I was thinking that maybe I'd be more of a morning person if I got to wake up next to you every day. 

He smiled. —And you say I'm the cheesy lover. 

I ignored him, and then the atmosphere was invaded by a very comfortable pause. Now that his eyes were open, the light filtered through them, and something really funny that I noticed was that his pupils, even though they were taking in a huge amount of light, were expanded. I remembered that they say that when you see the person you're in love with your pupils dilate. I hoped it wa because of that and not because he had mydriasis. (A/N: it's a desease were the expansion and contraction of the pupils becomes abnormal)

 Talking about his eyes, they looked immense and open, and very, very green at the time. I could see the muscles tissues that formed his iris, and I noticed that he had little spots of light brown on them. They looked precious. I loved that thing about him, that his eyes were more separated than normal, and a little bit curved on the corner, which gave him a sad and melancholic look to his gaze. Little things like that, the characteristics of his eyes, the little freckles on his cheeks, his profiled nose and his forehead full of pimples made me love him even more and more. And, I don't know why, but I remembered a funny thing that I had read, who knows when, probably last year: a comment from a fan, that didn't know if Nathan had green or blue eyes, because supposedly they always looked different on the photos, depending on the camera. Well, wherever you are, confused fan: they are green, deeply green.