Chapter 20. || "How I lost my virginity by Ashley Underwood."

Did you know that from Boston to Las Vegas there are 2720 miles? Or 4377 kilometers? Well, now you know.

I don't know which is worse. Knowing that I was in the same country and that I couldn't be with him or just having nearly a month without touching him.

It was Friday, my last day of school. It was very emotional for me, as many of my friends had changed universities and I knew that maybe I'll never see them again. We had done very well with the marathon —excellent, actually. We had raised a sum of 38,000$, which, added to the 956,000 we already had, were 994. We were still missing by a little, but thanks to the sale of food and desserts plus car wash we a had a little more than thousand dollars to add to the total sum. We were getting to it.

I convinced Melanie that we didn't have to use the 5,000$ that Nathan had given us. I couldn't let that happen. So I promised that in the summer I would raise the same amount of money —if not more— with my new job. Melanie told me she could not wait until the summer was over to give the money to the school, so there was no other option than to tell Nano to pay me in advance.

It gave me a lot of grief and shame to ask for it, but thank goodness he understood why I needed it, and I think the bad temper he sometimes has it's only with the boys.

Melanie informed me that she had received the money in the account we created for all these things and in the last week of classes she would personally deliver it to the university administration. She was to send me a photo of their faces when they saw that we did it. I swear if the reaction is the one I believe that they will have, I am going to frame and put in my future home.

I told Nathan about everything that had happened. He was very happy for me, although I didn't mention we hadn't used his money —neither do I wanted to mention it. I did not know how he was going to react. Sure he would insist me to keep them.

Anyway, he told me that one of the songs of group would be part of the soundtrack of the new film by the famous franchise Ice Age, which I thought was super ironic because his alter ego and cartooned twin is in the same film. He also told me that Scooter had received a call from the Committee of the Olympic Games that this year were held in London, England, and that they had asked for them, the band members, to carry the Olympic torch as part of the celebration of the relay race that was always held the same year of the Games in the host country.

Well, you can imagine how the guys got when they got these two stories. I think I pretty much had the same reaction as them. I may not have known them since the group was formed, but I definitely felt like a proud mother.

I also told Nathan that Sean Ferguson, the head of the company that used to represent me called, wondering if I was going to renew my contract, which was already due. Well, first, I was surprised that he wanted me to renew the contract, since practically I violated it when I decided not to continue doing more photoshoots. I said no. I thanked him for the experience and all, but I did not want to live it again.

Part of me knew that this had been a dream since I was little, but since I had tasted the fruits of modeling... I had not liked it. I did not feel well at all. I do not think that other people should feel less than others. Part of me did it because at the time, after all the years of abuse that haunted me, I needed to gain self-esteem and self-confidence. By then I felt worthless, I didn't value my own body, nor thought I was just beautiful. But I also didn't want to get to the point where I became a big headed person because of the fame and stuff. Anyway, I owed ​​much to that world, but I did not want to know more about it.

Nathan, as always, said one of his smarmy comments when I told him that. He said, —I'm always going to love you, model or not model. But if you think about it, if you were a lingerie model...