Chapter 25. || "How weird is that?"

—It was negative. 

Nathan let out the breath that he was holding through his mouth. He ran one of his hands through his hair and then he saw me again. —It was very unlikely. We have been responsible, we've been protected... 

—I know. But you have to understand that I was very scared.

Nathan said nothing for a long time. I guess that he was thinking about it. I was only able to see how I played with my thumbs while the light of outside struck me in the face.

—It's a shame. At least I know that you would have been an excellent mother.

I turned around, and although I wanted to slap him, I did not, because one way or another, I found very sweet what he had said. —I will be a mother. With you. Someday. It's only that now is not the time. —I covered his hand with mine. 

He saw me with a lost-in-love gaze, the kind that made ​​me melt. —Wow. Now I want you to be a mom. Let's make a child right now. —He leaned into my neck in an attempt to kiss me, but I put a hand over his mouth and stopped him.

I laughed, his breath tickling me. —Nathan, stop, don't do it. 

He stepped back. —I was just kidding.

—I know. But I wasn't. —I sighed—. It really scared me... a lot. Waiting to see the result were the longest and more intense 2 minutes of my life. I know that a baby is a miracle of God and life and the whole thing, but this is the last we need right now. Our lives would have completely flipped. You would have had to leave the band for a while, so I know that thousands of people around the world you would kill me, and I... Well, I wouldn't have finished studying after all the mess that we had to save the faculty. It would have been chaotic. Not that I do not want a baby because I do want to be a mother, it's one of my dreams, but not just yet.

»And I started thinking that maybe I should take care of myself as well. So after seeing the result I called Roxanne. She told me some birth control pills that I can buy. Apart from that, I mentioned her the dizziness and all of that, and she told me that it might be anemia. After all, she's anemic, so she knows the symptoms pretty well —apart from being a medical student. She also told me that I should start taking iron pills or just eating iron, and that's exactly what I'll do. There's no need to worry, I'll be fine.

Nathan ran his thumb over his lips. —We should go to a hospital so you can have a blood test done.

—No, it's okay, I'm fine. It's only iron, so it's not like I'm taking any dangerous medical drugs. 

—Still, we should be safe that what you have is anemia.

—No, Nathan , she knows more than we do about this.

—It's not that I do not trust Roxanne, it's just that it's better to hear it from a professional. 

—Well, I do trust her and I will not go to any hospital.

—Yes you're going.

—Oh, yeah? And who are you to decide for me?

I'm your boyfriend, Ashley. And you have no idea how worried I am. It's nece—

—See? —I threw my hands in the air and let them fall against my thighs—. This is exactly what I did not want to happen. I'm saying I'll be fine, that you certainly don't have to worry, but you exaggerate everything, right? You make it three thousand times worse than it actually is. Nathan, I 'm not a girl anymore and I can take care of myself. Besides, you're not my dad and you are certainly not my mom to be taking care of me. And if you didn't know, the inoffensive and innocent girl you met many years ago, the girl that didn't defend herself... She no longer exists. She's far gone.