Chapter 19. || "Playstation, coffee and Skype."

When I mentioned to Nathan that I was going to call and text him everyday, I wasn't joking. Two weeks had already passed, and I was pretty sure that there wasn't a day gone by in which I didn't send him at least 5 texts or call him at least once. 

The boys went to London to do an interview and photoshoot with Fabulous magazine, and other than that, they started to record the new album. The last thing really did get me excited, since I was a big follower of the group and I wanted to listen to new music, even though it hasn't been that long since they released a new single. I asked Nathan about that topic, for which he answered: —We're now just focusing on writing new songs. We've been doing certain arrangements to songs we had recorded before and maybe one of them can be the new single of the album. We're not so sure. There's still a lot of work to do. 

I didn't keep on with the questions, because like I told him almost a year ago, I wanted to know the same things the fans knew, without the exclusiveness. Though, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to work with them and it's going to be hard to avoid not knowing anything new, right?

Nathan also told me that they were going to Los Angeles to do a performance on The Voice and to shoot the Chasing The Sun video. After that, they would go to Las Vegas to do a small gig on the 10ak Nightclub and to sing on the Billboard Awards. I sat for a moment and started to think how weird it was being able to say that I was going out with him. I mean, probably in this exact same instant there are thousands of girls —and, who knows? maybe boys too— thinking about Nathan Sykes. It was also pretty weird knowing that he was a world-class celebrity, who was on Hollywood's A-List, and that he had the opportunity to sing on some awards that I can barely watch on TV thanks to cable. Yes, I always had on account that he was famous, but thinking about it deeply made me realize that it was real, and that it was happening. 

I told him that meanwhile here in Cambridge, the preparations for the Big Marathon in aid of Harvard's Faculty of Arts were almost complete. It was going to be on Saturday, May 19th, i.e, next week, and it was going to cover something like 4 miles. It began at the intersection of the Alewife Brook Parkway with Massachusetts Avenue and ended at the 2A exit of the Memorial Drive. I was not very familiar with the exact route as I was not organizing the event, but I was sure that at some point they were going to walk pass the university. 

I had met with the team treasurers and the group of people that was planning the marathon to talk about money and things related to the subject, and I wasn't much surprised when Justin —part of the group that organizes the marathon— told us that, he fought trying to find free things we could us for the event (being for charity and all that), but that it had been very difficult, so they ended up spending some of the money we had already won. Melanie, the chief treasurer, was not very happy about it at first, because now we had to win almost the double amount of what we needed before, but in the end we all understood.

Marcus and Melanie had seen the winnings of marathons that had been made in the city before, and they said that the amounts were exorbitant in some cases, earning sometimes even millions of dollars —but that was because the entries were very high. We had decided to leave the entries as low as we could, so we left it at 5.50$ each. I am not good at managing money, so I couldn't comment on almost anything. The treasurers told us they saw that this was going to go very well and were confident that we would win enough money from the marathon.

Anyway, we all really had our hopes up for the event, because that was basically all that was left to us, because the year was going to end and soon we were going to go on vacation, and we really needed to know if we could go back or not, because we had to look for other universities and related things. The truth was that I needed to thank Roxanne for the great idea she gave us.