Chapter 10. || "Roxanne Monroe"

Roxanne's POV (Point Of View) 

When I arrived I was extremely nervous and I knew I had to give everything so my parents could feel proud of me and the half scholarship I earned. I got to safe a lot of money that I knew that I would need later, because the medicine carreer wasn't that affordable. 

A girl told me how to get to my dorm and only managed to confuse me more since after the explanation she told me the places where I could eat and everything, when I only wanted to know where was my dorm. 

Whilst I searched for my room I found Josh. He was really handsome and was indicating a girl a place so I decided to ask him about the direction I was looking for. 

- Hey - I said. 

- Hello - he replied. 

- Could you please tell me where's this dorm? - I said, pointing in the paper that I had on my hand. - is just that I didn't understand the instructions that were delivered to me earlier. - 

- Well, I think's the building that's over there. - he said, pointing with his index finger the building to the left. - but I'm not really that sure, I'm new here as well. - he showed off a big smile. - My name's Josh, nice to meet you... - 

- Roxanne Monroe - I said, returning him the smile. 

- Well, Roxanne Monroe, if you want I can accompany you to your room and help you with your bags, if you'd like to, of course... - Josh said. 

- If it doesn't bother you.. I could use a little help right now. - I told him. 

- Of course it doesn't bother me. - 

- Thank you so much. - 

As we walked, he asked me: - So, Roxanne Monroe... What are you going to study? - 

- Medicine. - I told him, dedicating him a smile with a little bit of nervousness. 

- Well, then we're going to be classmates, because I'm also going to study medicine. - he told me. 

- And how do you know we have the same classes? - I said, a little bit sorprised. 

- Because you left me the paper with your dorm address and I saw we had the same schedule. -

- Oh, of course.. I forgot to get my paper back. - I was embarrassed, because when I showed him the direction I kept on staring at his beautiful eyes and that smile that was even better. 

- But I think you're in a different semester than me. - he told me, and I could hear a little bit of disappointment in his voice. Sure enough, I was disappointed as well. 

When we arrived to the building, I finally asked Josh: - could you give me back my paper? I need to see if we're in the right room. - 

- Oh! Yeah, I'm sorry. - he handed it back to me a little embarrassed, and I knew that he kept on thinking about something that he wouldn't tell me. 

- Yes! It's here. - I said, relieved that now I could rest a little bit from the long trip. - Thank you so much for your help, Josh, I owe you one. - 

- It was my pleasure to help. - he told me. - Since you owe me one... would you like to, later, when you're more comfortable, call me for a coffee or something? - 

- Sure! It'd be great. - I said excited that at least I'd have a friend to hang out with and talk about something that we had in common: medicine. 

- Perfect, here you have my number. - he took out a crumpled piece of paper and a pen from his pocket, in which he wrote the numer. 

- So, I'll call you later, thanks again for everything. - I told him with an excited voice tone.