Chapter 4. || "Doing business."

Ashley's P.O.V (Point of View) 

- yes, oh, my God, thank you SO much! - I exclaimed and stood up to hug Ronald Smith, Scooter Braun's assistant. 

- yeah, yeah, no problem sweetie. - he smiled and held up his hands, as he wasn't seeing that hug coming. 

Catch up time: Jay called me the day after I called him saying that Scooter was thinking about my proposal and decided to sent his assistant to Boston since he wasn't able to come here, as he was in Europe in a tour with another artist. It turns out hat Scooter gave Ronald a contract with which I had to agree with so The Wanted could come and perform for our fundraising event. I read the contract and I asked a teacher from the Faculty of Law to come with me, so she could guide me. I also asked Mr. Broddy to join me, because I guess we'll be the ones setting this whole thing up. Laura, the lawyer that teaches in the Faculty of Law, told me that everything was alright with it, and that Mr. Broddy could sign it. 

I couldn't be happier. We were all going to make things happen in our own. I felt proud of my fellow mates. 

But, there was a little detail. If you sum up all the scholarships that were given mistakenly to the 5 students you will get a total amount of 1,500,000 dollars. That meant we had to sell all the concert tickets at an average of 80 dollars each, plus, we have to have an space as big as Madison Square Garden to fit 20.000 people to get that money AND we had to sell out all of the tickets. Unearthly, huh? 

I tried not to think about it a lot. If this didn't turn out right and we don't get enough money, I was going to be the biggest failure of Harvard, and there aren't much of those. I was going to be ridiculed for the rest of my life no matter what. 

We could always sell food and cookies and wash cars and stuff, but, will we reach the amount of money we are aiming for? 

Anyway, enough with the negativity. The concert is planned to be on Saturday, April 22nd of the current year (2012). We still don't have the venue, though we agreed with Scooter and Ronald that we -Mr. Broddy and me- have to find it, since we have to convience the owner of that venue to let us do the concert there for free, or, which is more likely, we have to convience him or her to let us give them just a little part of the profits we make in the concert. The Wanted will play the songs of their new album, which released in the US earlier this year, and the most popular ones of the last one, like All Time Low, Heart Vacancy, and so on. 

Scooter said (well not Scooter, but Scooter through Ronald) that we didn't have to give them parts of the profits, because I was lucky, since I was friends with the lads, otherwise, we'd have to give them a little part. It was like a special discount for friends. 

Man, I should be a businesswoman. 

Ronald said that Scooter knew me for going out with Nathan last year, and that he was thrilled that I got over the past and was actually doing this without fear of seeing Nathan again. 

Yeah, right, because I'm so excited to see him again. 

The other day, over the phone when he picked up, I felt my heart picking up speed and banging on my chest like a drum. I swear I never felt so nervous over someone in my entire life. Nathan's voice changed in the past 7 months, and was now deeper, and I just couldn't even know how was that possible. He is almost 19, actually, his birthday is 4 days after the fundraising concert. I won't lie, I'm afraid of seeing him again, I don't know what his reaction is going to be, and even worse -I don't know how my own reaction's gonna be. 

I am scheduled to be the band's right hand the whole time they spend here, that meant getting them transport, a hotel, food, scheduling their flights, and everything they needed on a daily basis. This means I'm going to be with them almost 24/7. They will come here 2 weeks before the concert so they can practice and help us do promo about the event. 

24/7 with Nathan and Jay around.... Help? 

Though, I still missed everything about Nathan. He is a good guy and I know his intentions can be sincere and honest, but let's just say that sometimes things just don't work out the way you want them to. He is very sweet and gentle and knows how to treat a girl. He's charming and endearing and he's everything you could ask for in a boy and... 

Stop it. 

No wonder why I'm still struggling to get him out of my head -and heart. I still have the best image you could get of him in my mind and it will not disappear that easily. Let me just admit it: I still like him, even if it's a little bit. I can't forget how we used to be, everything we used to feel... 

And I can't forget how everything we used to have went down in a spiral of mixed feelings and nightmares and things left unsaid.

I still remembered every single little thing about him. And I will, forever. 

«I still remember the look on your face, lit through the darkness at 1:58, the words that you whispered for just us to know, you told me you loved me so why did you go away?

I do recall now the smell of the rain, fresh on the pavement, I ran off the plane. That August 4th, the beat of your heart, it jumps through your shirt and I can still feel your arms. 

I do remember the swing of your step, the life of the party, you're showing off again, and I'd roll my eyes and then you'd pull me in, I'm not much for dancing but for you I did because I love your handshake, meeting my father, I love how you walk with your hands in your pockets, how you kissed me when I was in the middle of saying something, there's not a day I don't miss those rude interruptions. 

And I'll go sit on the floor, wearing your clothes, all that I know is I don't know how to be something you miss... 

Never thought we'd have a last kiss, never imagined we'd end like this. Your name, forever the name on my lips... 

So I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep, and I feel you forget me like I used to feel you breathe, and I keep up with our old friends just to ask them how you are, hope it's nice where you are. 

And I hope the sun shines, and it's a beautiful day, and something reminds you you wish you had stayed, you can plan for a change in weather and time but I never planned on you changing your mind... 

Your name, forever the name on my lips....»