Chapter 24. || "From Las Vegas to Dallas. (UFOs, skate and fainting)"

Las Vegas was not as great as I expected it to be. Everyone goes crazy with that name, and the truth is that they shouldn't. Well, at least not if you aren't 21. Moreover, they should rename the city "Don't Come Here Until You Are 21 Years Old Because You Are Going To Have An Awful Time". Basically if you're not that age, the most entertaining thing you can do is enter the lobby of your hotel. I didn't even know why there were kids around in town, I didn't even have a good time. 

—That's why I don't like to come here, —Nathan had told me when we were heading to Phoenix—, they don't let you do anything. You can not go to casinos, you can't drink and you can't go to clubs. Well, you can't do any of those things here in the United States unless you're at a legal age, but you go to Las Vegas wanting the full experience, you know, drugs, alcohol and wild sex with a prostitute.

—Nathan! —I hit him in the chest with the back of my hand, but I still laughed.

We deviated a little off the road because several of us wanted to visit Area 51's museum and the many UFOs museums that were in that area. Jay, Siva and I —the nerds of the group, obsessed with science fiction— were excited and did not stop talking about it.

—I don't know, the universe is extremely large, it seems very unlikely that we are the only ones inhabiting it. The government must have hidden so much from us. —Jay said as he leaned against one of the kitchen counters.

I could not agree more with him.

Jose announced that we had finally reached one of the museums and then everyone started to get off the bus. I returned to the room to get my camera and then I joined the boys.

Overall it was excellent. They had so many evidence that the American Government had conspired with its citizens many times and that they were hiding something. Obviously, I already knew that. As Jay argued, it was unlikely that we were the only ones here. Moreover, such evidence could convince even the ones who didn't believe in anything, they had very good theories and you definitely were going to leave that place with your life completely changed. The most skepticals of the group were convinced. Everyone except Nathan.

—Come on, Sykes, you can't be like that. You can not be so stubborn. You have to believe in something.

—I don't know, I think that they say all of those stuffs to draw the attention of tourists. If the government was hiding something, everyone would know by now, with all the hackers and leaks that we have today... I do not know. I need to see it to believe it, I guess.

I pressed my lips. —I'll make you watch a movie of fourth kind encounters to see if  you believe in me. It is a real case that happened in Alaska. No one sees that film and says that they don't believe in it after watching it.  

Nathan faced me. —If they are real it's not as if they're coming in the night and abduct us all. While they maintain their distance and their gelatinous bodies away from us, I'm fine.

I smiled a little. He was really stubborn, even for a person who believes in paranormal things like him.

We arrived in Phoenix a little after 5 hours. Now the sky was dark and we didn't have time to go out. Tomorrow we had the usual: press meetings and radio appearances, so we all stayed in the motorhome. Just that afternoon they were airing an England soccer match. Actually it was the repetition, but none of the boys had seen it because of the heavy agenda they had. 

From what I understood it was Manchester United vs. Arsenal, and probably the only thing I knew about soccer —apart from knowing that David Beckham is extremely hot, that it's played with the feet, that when men watch a game they go crazy and take off their shirts and that points are called "goals"— was that Nathan's favorite team was Manchester United. Maybe that was the only thing that stopped me from running out the door to do something super feminine like painting my nails or going shopping —even if it was in the souvenir shop of the U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, the concert venue.