Chapter 31. || "From Atlanta to Miami. (5 minutes of fame)"

Ashley's P.O.V (Point Of View) 

We spent a day more in Gloucestershire until we had to say goodbye to everyone, pack and return to London with other ones. It was hard to say goodbye to my family after all that had passed. I was sad I couldn't stay longer with my grandparents whom I never get to see. But, I must admit I was happy. Being in Abbeydale remembered me a lot of my dad; the streets whispered his name and every wall surrounding me talked about him. From what he had taught me, what it meant not only for me but for many people whose lives had been touched or affected in some way or another by him. His love for all that things that lived and breathed, his passion and hope.

As we loaded our luggage in the trunk of the taxi, Jay and I waited for Nathan, who was always late for everything, making others wait. The driver closed the trunk and I shifted the weight of my body to my other leg, crossing my arms over my chest and rolling my eyes as I did 

—He's more diva than anyone I've ever met before. —I said after letting out a snort.

Jay opened his mouth to speak, but just then Nathan appeared around the door of his house next to Karen, who said goodbye to his son once more before she smiled and waved goodbye at Jay and me.

—Ready? —Nathan asked. 

—That's what we want to ask you. —Jay said and I tried not to laugh.

with all of usin the car already, we made the 2 hour trip to London and got right to the airport. Next, the boys met the fans who were waiting for them outside the terminal and I accompanied them. With each day that passed I felt better about that and it really made ​​me very happy to see it.

After talking a while with the fans, we walked into the airport and checked in. We delivered our luggage and that's when we saw Big Kev. We said hi to him and then he escorted us to where the others were. Immediately after our luggage was checked, we went to the boarding room.

 Max, Siva and Tom were already there, and I felt a little embarrassed that we were the last ones to arrive. I hugged them and it was very strange, because I didn't know that was going to miss them so much, especially in such a short period of time. I guess I was used to them already.

None of us had spoken to them these days, so we told each other everything we had done. Nothing out of the expected, actually. Max was with his family, Tom was with Kelsey and Siva with Nareesha. Siva asked the three of us what we had done, and it was as if someone had poured a bucket of cold water over me. I remembered everything and felt everything.

I looked away and bit my lower lip.

I felt that Nathan put his hand on my knee, trying to make me feel better. I looked into his eyes and suddenly felt a bit of relief. His gaze then asked a question: should I tell them?. But no. It had to be me. I had to face the issue  take it for granted, not save anything inside because it was toxic. 

—I'll tell them. —I whispered so Nathan could be the only one to listen, but everything was so quiet that I think everyone heard—. We, uh... —How to start? What to say? How do I put into words?

—If you want to, I can tell them. —Nathan reiterated.

—No, it's fine. —I swallowed—. Listen, my dad died a few days ago in an accident. Basically that was all we did while we were in Gloucester.

Silence.

Then faces of sympathy, the kind of faces that I had seen the most during these past 72 hours, and suddenly the kind of face I liked least .

—Wow, I had no idea. —Tom said softly.

—It's okay. —I was surprised to hear that my voice had come out higher than normal, tears already forming in my eyes. I wiped my face and smiled—. It's okay, seriously.