Chapter 15. || "The big day."

I opened my eyes and sat upright with a start. A nightmare. Of course I would have them after everything that happened last night. I looked around and saw that I was sitting in a king-size bed with white sheets and at least 6 fluffy, soft and huge pillows. I felt my legs cold, and I instantly looked under the blankets. I wasn't wearing the dress that I had last night, instead, I was wearing a worn-out blue sweater that was way too big for me. And I discovered why my legs were cold: I wasn't wearing anything that covered them. No skirt, no pants, anything. Just this little lycra shorts that I had worn yesterday under the dress just in case. My hair was tied up in a ponytail and, since I was sleeping, it was all messed-up now.

I got out of the bed and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes looked little from crying so much and I had dark bags under my eyes. I yawned and went into the suite's bathroom. I thank God that the hotel provided new toothbrushes, and I brushed my teeth. Then, I cleansed my face and went outside. 

Nathan was sitting on the couch with his Mac on his lap. He was only wearing his reading glasses and his sleeping shorts. He was shirtless. And that's when I remembered that I had fallen asleep in his arms last night when he told me everything... I felt embarrassed, because I had slept in his bed and left him sleeping on the couch. He looked up and smirked. I instinctively curled my fingers in the hem of his sweater and pulled it down so it could cover up more of my legs, but it was useless. 

- Sorry, I should give you your sweater right now... - I said and almost turned around to go back into the bedroom and change into my clothes. 

- No, don't worry. I'm used to sleeping shirtless. - 

His voice sounded so hoarse and raw, and I knew that probably he also cried last night. Maybe after I fell asleep. I tightened my lips and walked towards the couch, where I sat next to him. 

- Who... - my voice sounded low, but I didn't want to raise it. I was too tired for anything. - Who changed me into these clothes? - 

He chuckled under his breath. - Don't worry, it wasn't me. - oh dear, I wouldn't have cared if he did. - When Roxanne arrived last night, she asked Big Kev for my suite number, and then she came here and knocked on the door. She asked if you were with me and I said yes. I also apologized for leaving the party with you without telling anyone. And then she said it was okay, that she was glad that you were safe and with me. I told her that you had fallen asleep in your dress and I asked her if she could do a me favor: try to change you into a more comfortable outfit. She said yes and so she went into the bedroom and when she came out she told me that you were half-awake when she gave you my sweater, and that you slipped it on and fell asleep right away. You probably don't remember it. - 

Now that he was telling me that, I did remember Roxanne's face telling me to put something on, but all of last night's memories were such a blur... I laid my head on his shoulder. - What are you doing? - I asked. 

- Nothing, just... You know, creeping on Twitter. - he told me. - There are lots of fans tweeting me that they can't wait till tonight's concert. - 

The fund-raising concert. I had forgotten it. 

I closed my eyes and felt how my heart shrank and how my throat closed up. I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry because I wanted to stay there with him like that forever: me wearing his clothes, him being shirtless all the time, drinking tea and sleeping in soft and huge beds. But of course we couldn't, because dreams only last for a night, right?

I sighed. - I forgot it. - I buried my face in the side of his arm. - What time is it? - I hoped he understood what I was asking him. 

- 10:05. - Great. The concert started in 9 hours and I wasn't even in Boston. I swallowed hard to get rid of the lump in my throat.