Chapter 6. || "On the horns of a dilemma."

After the guys left, Nathan and I were left alone. Jay went a little bit back-and-fourth about Nath and I staying alone together, but at the end Max literally dragged him out of the suite so they could finally go. I admit I blushed a little bit when this happened and tried hard not to laugh, I kinda feel flattered. I closed the door behind the boys and stood there awkwardly for a few minutes, mentalizing myself that now I was alone with him. Then I suddenly felt a rush of cold in the room, which gave me goosebumps. 

What the hell are you doing here alone with Nathan? 

- did you run away from me or what? - Nathan, who was now standing up from the chair in which he was sitting, said, making me turn around to where he was. 

I bit my lip and giggled. - no, umm, I'm still here. - I smirked. 

He sat down again and smiled, that kind of smile that you don't know if it's because he really meant it or if he just turned into a murderer. I gulped down and sat on the edge of the bed. Go ahead and ask me if I was breathing at that point.  

- sooooo - Nathan said. 

- sooooo - I repeated, making the atmosphere even more uncomfortable. 

His deep eyes sunk on my body, and he kept staring at me for minutes. I let him do it, though I was dying inside. - Ashley, let's not make this awkward. - Nathan started saying. Oh my God there he goes please Lord no no please. - I don't want us to be feeling uncomfortable when we are around each other, nor I want us to be just strangers who can't even see each other in the eyes. - 

I let that sink in. - what are you saying? - I frowned. 

- I'm saying that I want to be your friend, yes, I know, maybe I will not be your best friend or anything but at least I want to leave the past in the past and leave the awkwardness aside because I can't stand knowing that we had something and that I lost you completely, I mean, I don't wanna lose your friendship. - 

My heart stopped beating. I can't stand knowing that we had something and that I lost you completely. My mouth dried out and I couldn't think of what to say. It was very mature of him to say that. I also didn't want to lose him at all. I know how relationships are: from strangers to friends, from friends to more than friends and from more than friends to strangers again. I didn't want that to happen to us. I didn't want to be stereotyped. 

I smiled at him. - just hug me already. - I commented and he smiled, making me melt. He came over to hug me and that overwhelming feeling of being safe and warm in his arms surrounded me. If I could, I would just stop the time right now and make this hug last forever. 

But wait, was it wrong to pretend to be a friend with him when all I wanted was to kiss him and tell him that I've been missing him and that I was a stupid for letting him go? Well, of course it was bad for me, because now I have to live knowing that I should've said the words when the opportunity was given. Speak now or forever, hold your peace. 

- so, what do you want to do? - Nathan said with a smile when he backed away from the hug. 

- I don't know about you, but I'm starving. - I added. - what about room service? -

- sounds ok. - he added with a smile. 

After 30 minutes or so, we were both indulging ourselves with hamburgers and french-fries, sharing a two-liter bottle of Coke. I had a lot of time without having a dinner like that, and it felt just right just to share it with a friend like him. We were watching some good american telly whislt talking and laughing, just like the good old days when Nathan's phone started ringing. I took a nibble of my cheeseburger and contemplated how he picked up the call.