Chapter 26. || "From Kansas City to Philadelphia. (Girl vs. Boys)"

As soon as we got back from London we didn't even have a day to try to get the jet lag out of our bodies. The very next day the boys had a concert in Kansas, and if I was tired, I knew they were much more tired than I was. The agenda was super tight, but this was the life they had chosen and only could support them.

But I'm not complaining, because I even started to enjoy everything we did. And it was not just the constant travel and visiting many places of the world, but knowing that I was part of a production that would make hundreds of people happy. Also, yes, I admit it, it is so much better to always be with the band, but still, it felt good to make the dreams of others come true. I even started to think it was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

It hurt to see Nathan and the other guys so tired some days, but there were other days where they were full of energy. It was strange. 

This Wednesday was the Fourth of July, and as part of the group was American, we decided to celebrate it. We were on our way to Chicago, and since that day was just occupied with the 7 hour ride from Kansas to Illinois, we were able to have that afternoon off. 

As a joke from Eric, we had to spend all day talking with an American accent. It wasn't hard for me, because I was more than used to it, and I knew how not to exaggerate it, but the other ones sounded like actors from low-budget films with their Californian accents. Every time they spoke we laughed out loud, so it all got to a point where we told them to stop talking like that.

Ryan and Nano went to buy something to cook burgers or something like that, while Big Kev went to buy fireworks —a good Fourth of July was not complete without fireworks—, while we stayed home to get some rest. 

One thing I thanked that I was able to go home for was that I could get my old turntable back with my vinyl discs, so that day we only heard music from the 70s and 80s. It brought me back many memories, as most of the discs were from bands that my mom and my dad liked. Of course I also had vinyl discs of bands from the present.

Soon the others arrived and began to cook. We all sat outside and talked for a while. Nano said they would add more dates to the tour, which surprised me, but then he said that those new presentations would be in October in South America. That was amazing. I knew only three countries and I had never been further south than Florida, so I asked the guys if it was their first time in Latin America.

—We've gone to Brazil before. —Siva said.

Well, this time I felt jealous of them. Brazil was one of my favorite countries and I had always wanted to go. And last but not least, I had the nerve to know that in addition of going to Brazil again, they were also going to Argentina, Chile and Peru. I wanted to kill them, because I knew that by that time I was going to be back in college.

—We are going to have fun without you. —Nathan whispered in my ear and then smiled devilishly trying to annoy me.

—Yeah, especially you. I want to see you crying at how much you miss me. —I rolled my eyes.

When we went to bed that night, Nathan and I were talking about us, and it was strange because it was one of the first times that I felt him like my best friend, and not as anything less or more than that. And I liked that. I liked it and I loved knowing that I could trust him, and that I could tell him whatever I wanted. I did not want that feeling to vanish, so I started asking him questions and he asked some few things to me as well. 

—I feel stupid not knowing this, what's your favorite color? —Nathan asked.

—Sometimes it's burgundy and sometimes orange. I guess it depends on my mood. —I said—. Let's see, if you were not here, what would you be doing?