Cross My Heart

Gerald POV

I had a show to perform and Hasley was no where in sight. Marty said she wasn't answering and figures the song of the night was him and I. I raked my fingers through my hair and cursed before looking to Danny. She was helping Leo walk with the big sound proof headphones on his head.

" Hey Dee!" I hollered and she glanced to me. Her hair was braided down her back, skinny jeans and a crop top hugging her frame.

" Yeah?"

"I need you to fill in for Ashley. I can't fucking just have a track playing." She let Marty take Leo and then came over to me.

" How the hell can I sing her piece."

"You sung with Zayn. I know you can do it. Please? I'm fucking begging you. I know you're done with the music, but I need you." She sighed and looked to Marty.

" Can you watch him?"

"Of course Dee." He smirked and looked to Kevin who was goofing with Blizzy. Danny looked nauseous at the thought, but I was already heading on stage. I fixed the mic as people hollered, rolling through the usual openers. Dare I say I was nervous as I sat down on the edge of the stage and chuckled.

"How's everyone doing tonight? So this next song I recorded with someone who in turn would change my life. I changed too. You all know Daniella Evans right?" Screams erupted and I could hear some people holler mommy. All I did was chuckle. " We been together since the bay up till recently. You all seen her with Zayn and then me and then Aaron. Through it all she's always been my ride or die. I just didn't see it in time to fix it all. I lost her for while. She got married. She was happy and I was fucked up. Yet whenever I played this next song I pictured her. She's always been a queen. You all know I love her. She's my best friend from the bay." I shrugged and stood. "Daniella Paul come on out." The music started and so did her singing. Her voice was a bit higher than Hasley's, but smooth as a glass of whiskey.

Her outfit had changed to leather black leggings, her red Christian louboutin heels, and a top that left little to my imagination. It boggles my mind that this woman had given birth to two children because her body was amazing. She didn't hide her injury it was apparent in the way she held the mic and tended to switch it to the right hand.

I pulled her to the edge of the stage and did my part, unable to stop looking at her. She was my fix to everything. The fans knew that just as much as I did. The way we were on stage was intoxicating to me. Fans saw the way we coiled towards each other as the song kept going until it was over. I only squeezed her hand before she waved and walked off stage.

I'd be lying if I said it didn't scare me that she'd possibly never be my wife or lover. That she'd always just be my friend till the end of time. Too afraid that I would break her heart like I had done so many time before. I was thinking the whole show that when little bird came on I sat down on the edge.

"I'm not usually the emotional type. This song is like everything is okay in my mind. It's something I've worked extremely hard on and this is dedicated to the little bird." I almost kept my eyes closed the whole song and dare I say I could feel tears sliding down my cheek. She's always be his little bird and I hated it in the best and worst way.

After the show we all took the limo back towards my house since there was more than enough rooms for everyone. The boys were awake watching something on Danny's phone. She was fast asleep with her head on a pillow. Truth be told none of us felt like turning anymore. Maybe we were getting old or we'd finally settled down.

"You good?" Grady whispered and I nodded looking down at her.

" Yeah... I'm perfect. Why?"

"Cause you're still looking like you miss her yet she's right here."

"I told you Grady. She ain't gonna let that ghost go. She'll always be Mrs.Paul. She'll always love him."

"Just like she always loved you Gerald. Just cause she loved him and she always will because of the memories he gave her doesn't mean she doesn't love you. Doesn't mean she doesn't love the child and the memories you two share."

"I wanna sneak away.... Marry her on some tropical island and just have the group there."

"Maybe you should consider that... But tell her to keep his name. She'd still be your wife G just instead of Mrs.Gillum she's Mrs.Paul. Like a woman who keeps her own last name. It's what she's got left of him along with Leo. I can't blame Danny." He shrugged and glanced to her as she moved slightly. We took that as a sign to end the conversation if she had possibly began to wake up.

Maybe Grady was right, then again I'd been saying that a lot lately. What did he have figured out that I didn't? I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair before she opened her eyes.

" We back yet?"

"Yeah we're pretty close. You and the boys staying the night?" She nodded and sat up before rubbing her eyes.

"Of course. I'm thinking of moving back into the community actually. I think it's time I put Aaron and I's house to good use for a cause or something." I smiled slightly and took her hand giving it a gentle squeeze.

"Then welcome to the town again Danny. It'll make seeing the boys easier for sure. You know I'm always glad to have you back."