Those Against Us

Happy Tuesday. Sorry I had some shit going on in my life. I just couldn't focus on writing.

Question: Will Michael's plot be foiled? 🤔

Michael POV (You'll know who he is once you start reading)

I glanced to the screen of my computer, slamming my fist on the desk. That magazine hadn't done as much damage as I had wanted. The team was still very much together.

I hit the buttons on my phone and called my daughter. She'd been a vital part to my plan to take over that record company run by Daniella. My company technically.

" Hello?"

"How did Gerald react to your advances?"

"Daniella was sent to the hospital. I don't know why or if she is alive."

"I need her alive for a bit longer so she better be fine. I'll be sending you paperwork. Get Gerald to sign them. It sells his half of the company to me. I don't care if you need to drug his or get hin drunk. I need these signed. Then I don't give a fuck about what happens to your sister."

"I'm trying my best dad. I gotta go."

"Good bye." I sighed and sat back, lighting my cigar. Daniella didn't know she had a sister. A sister who could compete with her level of fame. She'd been my first born. An angel with a mother who could spit fire. She'd gotten her mother's evil ways. She was surely not a respectable woman with a man like Gerald Gillum. I'd known his father very well before I skipped town. I always knew those two awful children would end up together. He turned my daughter into something I couldn't love even as her father.

Then again I also had Taylor. Her half sister who was perfect. Respectable as well. She was my ticket in along with a few others whom I had to pay off. Taylor had gotten me what I needed from James to write that article and she'd gotten Lana an Ex of Gerald's to help erase a bit of tape. Let's just say she wasn't really team G so to speak.

I got up from my desk and looked at the frame on the wall. The four business men all dressed in suits and ties. Edward was gone and I swore I'd avenge my dear friend even if it meant my daughter blood spilled.

Danielle POV

I looked sheepishly to Gerald playing with Kevin in the hospital hallway. I felt more guilty than anything. The pressures of the world got to me if I'm being honest. I signed the paper the doctor had out in front of me and grabbed my things before walking out of the hospital room.

"All set?" Gerald picked up Kevin and took my hand with his own.

"As I'll ever be Ger." I couldn't help but feel all the eyes on me. It was the very reason I landed in this position. Cameras flashed as we walked to the Mustang. My stomach knotted up with each step until the very moment we were bolting down the highway. I glanced to Ger, hand clutching the steering wheel as he sped. Part of me thought he was angry at me for this and the other part probably questioning why.

"I gotta go to the studio tomorrow. Ellie or my mom will come over and spend some time with you." He glanced to me before returning his eyes to the road.

"Gerald I can work. I'm fine." He shook his head and parked the car out front of our house. He glanced to Kevin for a moment as if to say we'll continue this conversation once inside. We were always careful talking around Kevin of more adult matters at least when possible. We both didn't want him growing up in a celebrity lifestyle.

I grabbed Kevin and Gerald grabbed our things out of the car before we went inside. Kevin was already bolting to his toy room with his Batman in hand. I sighed and sat on the sofa and Gerald pulled me into his embrace.

"I don't know where your mind is at Dee. This just reminded me of when you were pregnant with Kevin." He raked his fingers through my long blonde hair. "I get what you're going through Dee. It's okay to take some time for yourself."

"I know you need me at the studio Ger. You can't run a business while recording and the album is almost due." He chuckled slightly and shrugged at the comment.

"I'll finish the album in time. Hell it means the world to me yeah and I know the fans are getting anxious. That shit isn't even a fraction of what you mean to me. I told you we'll go away when I'm done. Go back home for a bit. The Bay area yeee." I managed to laugh and sat up, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"I think everyone would be pretty surprised to see anyone come back to the bay once they've made it out. Granted we'd just visit, but still."

"I know, but I think a trip home will do you good. Go visit some old friends and have some fun." I shrugged and slicked back his hair before lowering my eyes. "Stop worrying. You know we'll get through this in the end Dee. No matter what happens."

"I know, it's a lot to handle. I'm tired of the fame. It's all overwhelming sometimes." He nodded and glanced to his watch, sighing softly.

"I'll order us some take out, but tonight I gotta go to the studio." I nodded and moved to grab the menus off the table. "I forgot to tell you a about Taylor. She was in the studio last night. Being hella sketchy."

"Really?" I lifted a brow and flipped through the menu. "Just keep an eye on her then. I don't trust anyone that isn't in the fam and you shouldn't either. Even if she is a client of the place."