Bay Memories

Gerald POV

She walked in and shrugged off that mink coat before catching me staring. I smirked and ushered her towards me till she came to straddle my lap.

"How was your walk... Future Mrs.Gillum."

"Mmm beautiful. Until I ran into my father." I tensed but she laughed. " He was only trying to manipulate me into joining his side of this mess. I don't even want to waste my breath talking about it right now. Where is everyone?"

"Marty and Matt went to get fucked up with Blizzy. Grady, Ellie, James, Mom, and Kevin went to dinner. I said I'd wait for you. I didn't want you in the dark alone." I pressed a kiss to her lips before sighing softly. "I've got somewhere I wanna take you."

"I'll grab my coat." She flashed a smile and got up, slipping back into her large coat. I grabbed my keys and coiled an arm around her as we walked to the car, opening the passenger door for her. I started driving towards the bay, down by the bridge where her and I spent plenty of nights. The cold air leaking through the halfway down window as I drove. She had her head against the headrest, eyes looking out towards the city. I knew these places meant as much to her as they did me. This is the place that made us.

I stopped the car right by the water, snow still falling against the frozen water ahead. She got out first and I left the car running as I got out.

(Flashback)

I zipped up my leather jacket, walking out towards the water. Danny was sitting on the rockets, taking a photo of the bridge. I burned this into my memory, biting my lips together. I sat down beside her and placed a kiss on her neck.

"When ya wanna go home?"

"Just awhile longer. I can tell it's just about to snow." She glanced to me and flashed that smile of hers. A smile I would destroy in a month's time by fucking another girl. A smile I wouldn't see for four years.

" Your crazy. My fucking nuts are gonna freeze together." I glanced back to the Mustang praying that half dead car would keep running long enough for us to get home.

"Literarily case of blue balls." She smirked before laughing at her own joke. I couldn't help but shake my head and chuckle. "O look Gerald!" She stood and pointed to the sky grinning like a fool."I told you!" She slipped on one of the rocks and fell into the water, all the while holding her camera from the fridged hell. I scrampled to pull her out, a gasp coming from her.

" Fucking hell Dee!" I helped her to the car, closing us inside as I tugged off the wet close and tossed them in the back. I grabbed the blanket from the other seat and helped her wrap up. "Dee you could of just died."

"I'm f-fine." She shivered and looked to her camera. "You think I got the shot?" I just shook my head and laughed before starting to drive home. She did get the shot.

(End of Flashback)

"I love this place." She mumbled and coiled to my side. I dug in my pocket and held out the picture.

"Looks almost the same." I chuckled as did she, looking at the photo. "I kept a lot of your photos."

"I know. When we first started dating again I found the box of them in your nightstand." She smirked almost triumphantly before pressing a kiss to my lips. Slowly she strolled towards the rocks, shoving her hands in her pockets. "You would tell me if anything was ever wrong right Ger?" I shoved my hands in my jacket before joining her on the edge.

"Why do you ask?"

"I was just thinking is all." She glanced to me for a moment before looking at sky. I could see her breath in cold winter air. "Life always has me thinking is all." I pulled out a cigarette and lit it before taking a drag.

" You know I wouldn't keep anything from you. Don't be asking stuff like that babe." She sighed softly and nodded.

"I know you wouldn't. We should head back. It's getting icy out and I could use some food." I nodded and guided her back to the car before we took off to the house. I could see the way her face scrunched as she though about whatever was bothering her.

"So you lacked to tell me about what exactly your father said when you ran into him at your mother's old place." I chimed in, thumping my fingers against the steering wheel.

" He just was saying how I'm like him. Just a bunch of things that don't make sense me to right now. Don't worry he mentioned you."

"Really?"

"Yeah he told me how you're just Bay area scum." I chuckled slightly and glanced to her. " He told me that I would welcome him with open arms to the company and go settle down with some other guy."

"Gotta love him." I grumbled and parked the car. Yet she looked at me, hand on the door handle.

" He also told me. I'm not the only reason behind us always having issues come up when it comes to having a second child." She got out and started walking inside.

" Dee!" I rushed to open my door and closed it walking after her. "Danny wait." I grabbed her arm and she stopped.

"Why didn't you tell me Gerald?" She glanced at me then at my hand wrapped around her arm.

"Because I'm fucking ashamed alright! I can't give you another kid for certain and it killed me when I found out. I love Kevin and he's done so much for me as a person."

"You made me feel like it was my fault the whole time. Just think about that Gerald." She pulled away and went inside the house as I put another cigarette. Daddy Evans one point. Gerald Gillum zero.