Eazy

A/N: I did change up the time line of the previous book ever so slightly. Only so this one would start early 2017 as the time frame. Thank you for reading and voting 😘 -TMD

Gerald POV

We left it at that and didn't say that god awful D word for the rest of the time at the zoo. Truth be told I didn't want a divorce. I don't think she did either, but at times it felt like the only option when things weren't working. I parked outside of Grady's place before glancing to her. She managed a smile, though it seemed forced before she got out.

"The Gillums!" Ellie yelled before running to embrace her friend. "Where is Kevin?!"

"I'm right here Auntie!" He squealed once I let him down and he ran into her arms before she picked him up.

"Ugh your getting so heavy. Come inside guys! The wine is flowing and the party is going!" Daniella chuckled and sat her purse by the door once inside. She and Ellie were already into the wine and Blizzy was rolling up a blunt.

"Yo G! Get over here you're late." He smirked and held out the blunt. "O mighty Eazy is this blunt perfect or what?" I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head sitting down. Blizzy was always making weird jokes or comments. Hence why he was still single probably.

"How's the Prince and the Queen?" Matt glanced to me, lighting up the blunt Blizzy made. I shrugged and glanced to the kitchen, yet the girls were outside now.

"It's rocky. You were right Marty." I looked to him and shrugged. "She's thinking about a divorce. I thought I gave her everything you know? A kid, house, cars, anything she desired she got man."

"Except you man. When's the last time it's just been you and Dee?" I took a hit and passed it along. He was right. It'd been awhile. I just shrugged and motioned to the bottle of Jack. Grady poured me a glass and handed it over.

"Maybe she found someone else. A guy that's gonna be there for her. I dunno." I took a swig and sat back. "I just want to do what's right for my son. I don't want him growing up with parents who don't talk or shit like that you know?" I looked at the glass before taking another hit as the blunt came around again.

"I know it's hard with a girl like Dee. We can't forget what she's been through. What we've all been through." Marty mumbled and glanced to where the girls were. I clicked on the tv, changing it to the A's game as the girls wandered into the room.

"Hey Grady! Ellie was telling about the honeymoon. She said you were scared shitless to snorkel." Danny smirked and sat beside me, Kevin came and sat on my lap with his stuffed lion.

"Ah shut it. I wasn't scared." Grady put out the blunt and glanced to me as I laughed. "What?"

"You think he doesn't know what that is?" I motioned to the ashtray. "I'm not raising him dumb or blind Grady. "

"I ain't trying to get in trouble with Danny fool." He sat back and pulled Ellie onto his lap. I glanced to the door as it rang and a familiar voice filled the room.

"Hey hey! Grandma's here!" She hollered walking into the house and rushing to see Kevin. My mother was slowing down, she had a cane, but she was still around all the time. Danny hugged her before sitting back down. "How have all my children been?"

"Brilliant ma." I chuckled and looked to Danny who was now on her phone, smirking slightly.

"Say Ellie. Remember what I said about taking you to see your favourite artist for your birthday coming up?"

"Bruno Mars?"

"mmhmm" She raised her eyes the smirk still evident on her face. "I just got a message from him with some tickets." Ellie nearly screamed coming to tackle Danny in a hug. Though it was a turn on seeing Ellie sitting on Danny's lap.

" No way! Thank you! Thank you!"

"Whose Bruno Mars?" I mumbled looking to the two girls. Ellie ran to the tv and Grady glared at me for asking.

"He gave me ten tickets up front and backstage passes." Danny smirked looking to Ellie who was turning on a music video called Gorilla. Ellie was dancing and Dee was shaking her head laughing. I looked to Kevin who was fast asleep leaning against my mother. "Don't worry, I'll get him love." She whispered before standing. Kevin barely stirred as she scooped him up. It made my stomach churn thinking we'd be willing to give this up.

"Hey Dee, why don't we head home instead?" I mumbled and she looked to our son for a moment before nodding. We were quick to say our goodbyes and return to the car. Ellie was still dancing with excitement when we left.

Daniella drove since she hadn't had a drink. Ever since the whole kidnapping thing she'd been more tame and dressed less sexy and more casual, though she still always looked dressed to impress. She stopped the car and I got our son, carrying him inside and up to his room. He only stirred slightly when I laid him down and covered him up.

" Love you buddy." I pressed a kiss to his forehead before walking out and closing the door. The light from our room was on and I could hear faint humming as I got closer. "Hey." I mumbled, leaning in the door way as I crossed my arms. She was looking at a old photo of us Grady had taken and sat it on the nightstand.

"Hey babe." She sighed softly and sat on the bed as I approached. I crouched down and stroked her cheek. I'd be fucking lying if I said I didn't love her. That this woman was the reason life made sense. I felt my eyes start to water and blinked back the tears before pressing my lips to hers. I pulled away only to sit down and let her straddle my lap and reconnect our lips. My shirt hugging her frame as my hands roamed her body.

I didn't want to lose her, but life isn't always about what you want. Sometimes things just have to happen before shit gets better.