Mistakes Happen

Answer: His hair in the most recent photo was before the short bleach blonde hair. Stupid I know but as a writer it bugs me

Question:
How bad did Gerald fuck up after reading this chapter?

Also:

Holiday plans? Love you all! Happy Holidays and thank you for the continued support.

Gerald POV

Knowing Danny was off in New York chewed at my mind and nerves. I couldn't focus much in the studio so doing some social events was what I did. Clubs and parties along with mini shows. Something to keep my mind off of her.

I should have stayed home looking back at my choices. I had dropped Kevin off and ran back to the studio to pick up Marty and Grady. Yet to my surprise they were with the one woman I didn't wanna see.

"Yooo G." I sighed slightly and sat down beside Marty as he held out a blunt. " Taylor brought the good shit."

"How did little Miss innocent get good shit." I examined the blunt, clicking my tongue at the end of my sentence as I glanced to her. She giggled almost innocently and sunk back in the sofa.

"Let's just say my dad knows a lot of really good connections." She smirked and watched as I took a drag. I'd smoked a lot of weed in my day. A lot being a minor statement and this shit wasn't just weed. My body tingled and my tongue went numb as I took a second hit. Then darkness. I couldn't tell you a damn thing about the rest of the night. I couldn't tell you how I got home, changed, or even a second after that second hit.

I groaned and held my head, my hair falling in my face as I glanced around the room. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and laid back down, squinting at the screen as I called Grady.

"Yooo man, what's up?"

"Hey bro you know how I got home last night?" He chuckled almost nervously.

"Dude I don't even remember us leaving the studio. That must have been some good shit. Ellie was hella pissed this morning. She said I was stumbling inside and apparently I drove. I'm getting the silent treatment. You going into the studio today?"

"Yeah I gotta call Dee and then I'm gonna get ready and I'll bring Kevin with me. I know he's tired of hanging out with grandma."

"Alright man I'll see you later."

"See ya." I hung up and got out of bed, typing the strings of my pajama pants before wandered down the hall. I carefully pushed open Kevin's door to see him fake sleeping. A smile plastered on his face. "O he's still sleeping -" He jumped up and grinned

"Got you daddy!" I chuckled and picked him up, pressing a kiss to his temple.

"You did buddy. Say wanna call and check on mom?" He nodded quickly as I carried him to back to my room and sat him on the bed before laying down as I dialed Dee's number.

"Hello?" I could hear Lani in the background along with other voices, mainly laughter.

"mummy!" Kevin took the phone and held it between his hands. He rambled on for awhile till Dee told him to have the phone to me.

"Hey babe. How is New York?"

"Cold to say the least. I've got the meeting with the investors tonight. Kind of nervous. I just got this feeling you know? Probably just my paranoia." She laughed softly as managed a chuckle.

"You'll be fine. The company will be fine. I know you and I share it fifty fifty, but I know you run the business. You're smart at this Danny. Don't let anyone tell you different."

"Thank Ger. I gotta get going. I love you."

"Love you too." I hung up and looked to Kevin. "Last one ready is a rotten egg?" He bolted off and I chuckled. Dee always said tricking the kid into getting himself ready was wrong, but I didn't see the harm in it at all.

I showered and got ready before going to check on Kevin. Thankfully it was only sitting there struggling with his shoes, which was to be expected. I kneeled down and tied them before picking him up in my arms.

" You win buddy. You ready to go to daddy's work?"

"Will uncle Grady and Matt be there?" I chuckled and nodded before I carried him downstairs, setting him down to walk. I grabbed my things and coat before helping him get his jacket on.

"Aren't they always?"

"Yeah.... When is mommy coming home?"

"Soon buddy. A couple of days. She's busy working." I grabbed the keys to the Mustang and guided him out the door. Today wouldn't be productive anyways considering my mind was on the girl across the states.

I wanted to smoke the day away or distract myself by any means. Little did I know the hole I had dug for myself last night without a thought.

I drove us to the studio, letting Kevin run inside and push the button for the elevator. The place was quiet as always on a Saturday, Ellie was on the phone and Grady looking at me with a sheepish expression.

"She's still pissed at me."

"Danny didn't know I got fucked up last night."

"Daddy what's fucked up?" I looked to Kevin while Grady laughed.

"A work you never let mommy know you know. Got it?" He nodded quickly before walking over to Ellie.

"That's fucked up." I covered my face with my hands trying to contain the laughter as Grady started to cry laughing. Ellie hung up the phone and picked up Kevin lecturing him as she sat down beside me.

"O that's your son alright Gerald!" Grady smirked holding his sides. "Throwing out F bombs like sentence enhancers." I just sighed and shook my head. These happy moments would become few and far between. I'd made mistakes that couldn't be fixed so easily.