Darker Days

Team G whoop! Shout out to this lot 😎EneriCortez Jordan_Valene @jaydaljohnson zoloroy

Question: How's Gerald gonna take what Danny is going to tell him?

Comment and vote you lovely people 🖤

Daniella POV

That night Zayn watched Kevin for most of it. I couldn't think about telling him why I went to the doctors. Then again it was really none of his business, but I needed someone. I sighed and walked into the living room, seeing him on the sofa, Kevin must have been in the spare room sleeping already.

" Hey, how you feeling?"

"I need to tell you something." I sat down and he pulled me against his chest, gently rubbing my back.

"Go ahead. I'm listening love."

"I had a miscarriage. I was pregnant. I mean obviously it wasn't yours we just started sleeping together like last week. It's just-I-I don't know how to feel." I bit my lips together as a sob left my body. His arms grew tighter around me and he hummed softly in attempts to call me down. "I don't know if I should even tell Gerald, but it was his baby he has the right to know right? I just don't even know what to do. I didn't know I was pregnant."

"Shhh relax. Calm down. Deep breaths." I did as I was told and closed my eyes. "You think it was your hormones that made you so upset with Gerald?"

"Yeah. I just ruined my marriage." I huffed before rubbing my face. "I'm a fuck up."

"You're not. As your friend I think you should talk to him." He mumbled with his head on my shoulder. He glanced to the tv and sighed.

"And as your friend you should go talk to Gigi. I think she misses you." I heard him chuckle slightly before I pulled away and pressed a kiss to his lips. "Tomorrow I'm gonna give Kevin back to Gerald and go straighten up my condo. I've been meaning to get around to that project. Plus I'll be able to think. Actually maybe I'll take Kevin to the new place and see how he likes it there."

"Do what you feel is best Dee." He scooped me up and sighed, pressing a kiss to my forehead. He knew the void in my chest couldn't be filled with meaningless bullshit.

Yet even when morning rolled around my stomach was still in knots. I bundled Kevin up before looking to Zayn standing in the doorway with a small smile.

"Call me okay? If you need anything." I nodded in response before standing and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Same for you. I'm a call away. Now let's get going buddy." I looked to Kevin before picking him up. He was still half asleep as I carried him to the elevator. Zayn had already helped me put the things in the car. Only on the way to the condo did I really think about Gerald and how much I really fucking missed him.

I glanced in the rear view mirror to look at Kevin. He reminded me of his father so much, yet in the best ways. I sighed and stopped the car, entering in the code to get into the residential garage. Kevin was looking around in amazement at the building. The condo was on the top floor, I had the lobby guard carry up the few bags I did have, but only once the door was closed and the silence fully hit me did I glanced to Kevin.

"You wanna call daddy?" I mumbled and he looked to me nodding quickly while clutching his black bear. I sat down on the sofa and looked to the city of angels before pulling out my phone. My finger hovered over the contact name before I gave in and hit call. "Here buddy." I put it on speaker and handed it to Kevin.

"Hello?"

"Daddy!" He grinned and swung his legs back and forth. "I miss you." Kevin was like Gerald even in a personality sense. He was always acting stuff, but when missing his dad you could see the emotions running through his tiny face.

"I miss you too buddy. Where are you today?"

"Mommy's new place. It's really quite. You should come over." He chuckled that throaty chuckle making me crack a smile.

"Why don't you put your mother on the phone alright? I love you Kev."

"Love you too." He handed me the phone and I put it off speaker, wandering to the balcony. Only now could I actually here the city. Traffic was rushing around down below as the sun began to set.

" Hello?"

"Hey. How are you?" He nearly whispered it and I sighed softly. I wasn't going to tell him, not over the phone. Not like this at all.

"Adjusting. I don't think Kevin likes it with just him and I. I um decided not to go to London. Not really up to taking a trip." I leaned against the railing and watched Kevin digging through his bag for his toys.

"Well Kevin asked if I could come over tonight. Maybe if you say yes we can talk about what's been bothering you. I take it Zayn is still going to London.

"Be still my beating heart. Gerald Gillum talking about feelings." He chuckled slightly. "As for Zayn I told him to go. He's a good guy Gerald. He just got caught up with my crazy ass."

"You know me Dee. I'm a softie on the inside. So is that a yes you want me to come over?"

"I don't see why not. I know he'll be glad you're here. I'll make tacos as long as you bring tequila and limes."

"I'll add it to my list. I'm just about to head out now. So I'll see you soon yeah?"

"Yeah Gerald I'll see you soon." I hung up and released a breath I didn't even realize I was holding. I looked to Kevin who was grinning knowing Gerald was coming. "Guess we better hurry and go get stuff for tacos yeah?" I laughed and shook my head as Kevin ran to get his coat on.

All the while I was thinking how the fuck I was going to tell Gerald the truth.