The Evans Family

Daniella POV

I felt the snow crunching under my boots as I walked along the ruined streets. My mink coat protecting me from the cold. I remember all the times Gerald and I walked these same streets with clothes we'd gotten from goodwill or some other second hand store.

Flashback:

"One day Danny just you wait!" Gerald grinned like a fool, his hair falling from its new slicked back look. "We're gonna make it outta here. You and I are gonna go to college down in New Orleans and come back to the bay with a name for ourselves." I laughed and zipped up my hoodie before gerald squeezed me in a hug.

"You'll be the one with the name for yourself Ger. I dunno what I'm gonna do yet." We kept walking as the snow rapidly fell. His mom's place in sight. "I just wanna make it through this year. It's been hard enough losing my mom and all that shit. I'm lucky I had money for my college applications."

"You know my mom's always got you Dee. Your like family." His words meant more to me than they did to him at the time. I was just that friend for the longest time.

Flashback end

I stopped and looked at the tiny house. Gerald's grandparents were long gone. The place boarded up and abandoned for years. I slowly walked up to it and placed my hand on the door, sighing slightly. I pushed it open and glanced around, dust settled in the empty room. My boots kicking some of it up as I wandered to the basement. The paint was still that ugly blue Suz loved so much. A slight smile played on my lips as I wandered down the tiny hall towards the room Gerald and I shared till college. It was empty but I could still picture the two beds on either sides of the room. Clothes scattered marking Gerald's side. I remembered the nights I woke up to bad dreamers. I'd crawl into his bed and coil up to him. He'd never get upset and just pull me close, telling me it's okay.

I found myself walking down the street once more towards my mother's house. Roses still lingered outside of the half demolished townhome. Her little makeshift memorial site had roses around it. A set of which looked fresh even resting on top of some snow.

My mind wandered as to who could possibly had left them. Gerald hadn't left my side since we'd gotten here, but then again he had his ways. I walked up the stairs and pushed open the mangled door. Things my mother had left still lingered. I sighed softly and looked around, yet stopped noticing the dust had been bothered.

" If only you were still here." I mumbled and turned around, yet stopped in my tracks.

" How did I know you would probably be here..." His grey hair twinkled in the day light coming through. "Daughter like father."

"What the fuck are you doing here." I stuck my hands in my pockets.

"Came to pay my respects-"

"Bullshit." I rolled my eyes before looking around for a moment.

" Your an Evans. A fool though. I see through your story Daniella. You and Mr.Malik." He stuck his hands in his pockets mirroring my posture. I pulled a gun from my pocket and held it towards him. "Easy."

"Bullshit. I know you would kill me in a heart beat. I'm not fool I grew up in the fucking bay. I'd be dumb not to carry a gun around here." I laughed weakly before backing up towards to the door. "Especially after everything that has happened." He chuckled and leaned against one of the doorways.

"Darling girl. I know all of your dirty secrets. Including those even Gerald doesn't know. The ones Gerald really never will know." I lifted a brow as he chuckled.

"That baby of yours. O wait let me be specific. The one you and Zayn lost not the one you and Gerald just lost."

"I never had a baby with Zayn." I scoffed and backed up to the door. He shrugged, running his tongue along his teeth.

"Unless you and Gerald were sneaking around. That miscarriage was Mr.Malik's baby. Like I said you're an Evans. A liar. A cheat. A criminal to the realest degree honey. Join me." I opened the door and quickly started walking away, shoving the gun in my pocket. "You can't run from who you are Daniella!" He yelled from down the street, but I kept walking.

He didn't know Gerald and I were sneaking around. Then again Gerald and Zayn didn't know I had another pregnancy scare. One of which even I didn't know the truth of and never intended to learn.

I dug in my pocket for a cigarette relief sweeping over me when I found one. It was soon lost when I heard steps behind me.

"Daniella! He's lying to you too!" I stopped and spun to look at him. " You think your completely at fault when it comes to having children. Your ex husband has done so much damage to his body he probably will never have another kid. Ask him about his doctor's visit two months ago." I lit my cigarette and took a drag. " That boy will never be anything but some rapper. Nothing special."

"What other dirty secrets do you know about my family?" He smirked as if he finally had me caught in his mind game.

"I know everything. Money talks and bullshit walks. I'm honestly surprised Kevin is his. At least he managed to not shoot all blankets. Once Bay area scum always Bay area scum."

"Takes some to know some." I turned and began walking away. He didn't follow this time and for that I was thankful. Then again just how much more did he know about Gerald and about me. More than I felt comfortable and that was for certain.

Then again just how many lies were hidden under our surface.