Tattoo

Question: Team Gerald or Team Daniella? There is a right answer 😉

Gerald POV

Special love came out later that week. Once it did Dee avoided me at all costs unless it was to get Kevin. Yet tonight was different. We were all in the studio lounge when the elevator pinged, Kevin was looking in the direction. My body tensed seeing Zayn, already I wanted to kick his ass.

"Zayn!" I bit into my cheek roughly watching my son run to him and Zayn crouch down.

" Hey buddy!"

"Are mommy and I staying with you tonight?!" He chuckled and glanced to me for a moment before nodding.

"Yeah, we're gonna grab some dinner and then we'll go to my place cause your mummy isn't feeling so well. So I offered to help watch you." Ellie stood and wandered over to them, crossing her arms.

"What's wrong with Dee?" Zayn sighed and stood as Kevin ran back over to me. I was too tuned into their conversation to listen to Kevin.

"She had a doctor's appointment today. I don't really know, but neither did she last time I talked to her. She just said she wasn't feeling well." He sighed and wandered into the lounge, Marty whispered Oh shit under his breath.

"Daddy do you know Zayn?! He has so many tattoos! I want one when I'm big like you two. He has tattoos on his arms and back and chest." I forced a laugh and looked to Kevin, trying my best to keep it together.

"Dee told me to meet her here. I know you don't want me around man, I can't blame you." He shrugged and leaned against the wall.

"Its not my choice it's Dee's." I mumbled, lighting up yet another blunt. It seemed I almost always had one at the ready. " How is she sick?"

"It's a long story. Not my place to tell, but then again I don't really know what's going on with her. She's just been pretty tired lately." It crossed my mind that the cancer might be back, but it would affect her so quickly. It was the chemo that always made her sleepy. I sighed slightly and motioned to the hall.

"Ellie watch Kev, I need to talk to Zayn alone." I walked into the hall and towards Daniella's office.

"What is there to talk about?"

"Do you love her?"

"What?"

"I said do you fucking love her?" I snapped and looked to him, balling my fist.

"You obviously don't understand what's going on between Danny and I. We're just friends. Yeah we have sex, but her and I don't have any intention of being together. She told me she conveyed that to you. Bloody hell mate." He crossed his arms. "If your so hung up on her why write a song about her like that? She was pretty upset, but it's not my place to speak." He shrugged and walked by me. I wanted to punch him in the throat, but knowing Kevin was in the building stopped me from doing something so stupid.

I glanced down the hall seeing her come in from the elevator. He wasn't lying, she looked tired, but forcefully put together. He kissed her cheek and Kevin ran to her, hugging her leg before turning his attention to Zayn. I cursed under my breath and walked towards her. She stared at me for a moment before I spoke.

"Zayn says you went to a doctor's appointment today. You need me to watch Kevin?" She shook, staying silent.

"Let's get your things okay?" Zayn mumbled to Kevin and motioned to the lounge. Danny raised her hand to stop me from speaking, it looked like her eyes were going to water. What was she hiding I didn't know. "Ready love?" She nodded and took his hand, walking to the elevator. Her eyes never met mine until right before the door closed.

"Did you see Dee?" Ellie peaked out from the lounge and I nodded. I pulled out my phone and sent a text to her, hoping she'd answer at some point.

Gerald : Don't lie tell me what's wrong Daniella.

Deeeee: I have to go away next week can you watch Kevin?"

Gerald: Danny are you sick again?

Deeeee: Just a cold, I'm fine. I'll be in London for a few days.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket before sighing softly. Ellie seemed defeated too, it was as if she lost her best friend.

"I probably shouldn't have released that song on SoundCloud."

"Probably right Gerald. You know how Danny is sometimes."

"I'm just done with her bullshit. She's not being straight up. You gotta find out what's wrong with her. If it's nothing and she's just fucking with me then I'm done. I'll sign the papers." I shrugged and walked back into the lounge. Grady just looked at me confused before Marty spoke up.

"This is all my fault. Someone told me Dee was interested in other guys and that's when you two started drifting apart. Fucking Shit." He downed his drink before sitting back. "Bad part is I don't even remember who told me."

"It's in the past now Marty. I'm heading into the studio, I got another song I've been working on. Without Kevin around it's so quiet I can write at home." Not that it was a good thing, but still. I grabbed the whiskey bottle and wandered down the hall stopping at her office. Should I go in and snoop around? Yes. I shoved the door open and looked around, her perfume lingering in the air.

I wandered to her desk, the photos gone of course. I opened the drawers, no surprise there they sat in hiding. A bowl packed with weed, making me chuckle. That was all that sat in the drawer. I sighed and closed it, taking a swig before walking out and back down the hall.

I sat down at the mixing table and looked to Ellie. Handing her the lyrics sheet and smirked.

"You're singing on this one shit head." She read it and glanced to me before looking to the others. If I was going to fuck with Dee I was gonna get the whole family on my side. Little did I know what she was going through.

" What are you going to call it?" Grady mumbled.

" Just Friends."