Baby Bullshit

Gerald POV

Danny glanced to me before taking a drag of a cigarette on the balcony. She never mentioned any more about that whole situation. The situation about me aiding in our whole family growing issue. I knew how bad she wanted another kid, though I hadn't a clue of the lengths she would go.

"You've got an interview today. Actually we've got an interview today." She put out the cigarette and walked back into our bedroom, closing the balcony doors. She took off her snow covered slippers and climbed back into bed.

"For what?"

"The company." She shrugged and glanced to me before closing her eyes.

"Dee let's talk. About this second kid thing." Her eyes opened and she sat up looking at me with such intensity.

" What the fuck is there to talk about. You know... Maybe we should consider a sperm donor Gerald. O wait your pride wouldn't allow it." She got up and grabbed her robe before walking to the bathroom. I gripped the sheets wanting to yell, but held it back. It was odd, the idea of her caring another man's baby. Yet it'd be my son in the end of it all. I got up, tossing the sheets aside and walking into the bathroom as she showered.

"I'm not saying I'd be against it Danny! It's just odd!" She slid the door opened and looked at me.

"So if I called up someone I trusted. Some like Zayn. Then I asked this guy or whoever to impregnate me. You would totally be cool and not treat this child different?" She scoffed at my lack of response. My hands were gripped in fists as she closed the door of the shower. "Exactly my point."

"What do you expect from me. Raising someone else's kid." I walked out of that bathroom and got changed. My mood would only make things worse in this moment. I couldn't picture her caring another man's baby even if it wasn't from sex. It just made my skin crawl. Then again she'd probably never be able to carry another Gillum. Kevin was sheer luck in our case. I got into all black before heading downstairs and glancing to Grady.

"What's got you all grumpy."

"You really have to ask?" I sat down watching Ellie pour me a cup of coffee. She sighed softly.

"You and D still talking about babies?"

"Ding ding ding." I sat back and took a sip of the black coffee before looking outside. "She wants another one and I can't give it to her."

"Why not do the whole. Implantation thing?" Ellie chimed in and I glared at her.

" Dee mentioned that but I dunno. Who would we pick and how am I suppose to be cool with the whole thing?! It's her father that started this shit! She didn't know till he fucking told her the truth."

"Hold the fuck up." Ellie leaned in, elbows on the counter. "You never told Danny about those test results? You told all of us but not Danny?! For Christ sakes. Part of me wished she fucking stayed with Zayn you coward!"

If there was one thing in my life that never had happened it was Ellie yelling. Especially Ellie yelling at me. Her body was tense with anger and her eyes these crazy hues of greens.

"Gerald fucking Gillum. You wonder why your wife left you. You wonder why she jumped into bed with Zayn. You FUCKING wonder why she distanced herself when you signed away the company?! I'll fucking tell you why!" She poked me in the chest. I wanted to grab her throat but I knew better. " You are a coward. A little boy stuck in a adult's body. You can't even tell your wife the truth. You can't even quit the game for her. She's your down bitch yeah?! Be her down bitch! Gosh here I thought all along it was Danny being the fuck up. Noooo classic Gerald. Fucking in the studio till 3am while Danny raises your son. Fucking partying. Fucking in general probably, but you'll swear up and down your loyal!"

"Shut the fuck up!" I stood and towered over her, walking to corner her like a scared child and tell. "You don't know a god damn thing about me and Dee you hear me?!"

"Your right. I know Dee. She never should have settled down with you Gerald." She walked away, going upstairs. I glanced to Grady who was sipping on his drink.

"Ellie is sort of... Emotional." He stood and motioned to the balcony. "Gonna go smoke."

"I'll join you." I grumbled and followed Grady outside, lighting up. "So Ellie is pregnant?"

" What makes you say that?" Grady shot me a look as I laughed.

" Grady, she literally just had a mental break down at me over the past decade of my life. She went from angry to balling her eyes out in seconds. If that's not how emotionally Danny was when she first got pregnant than I dunno what's up with Ellie." I took a drag and glanced back inside. "What's your opinion man. About Danny and this whole baby bullshit thing."

"I dunno. Don't you think that sometimes having another man step in for the sheer purpose of a baby is normal? I mean people do it all the time. It isn't like he'd be fucking her." It still made me shiver as I took another drag.

"It's just I wish I could give her what she wants. Me not some other guy. Especially Zayn or someone she knows. I wish it was a complete stranger."

"You know Danny. She'll want to know the guys favourite gum, jeans, tv series. She'll want that baby perfect if it isn't from you. It isn't like she's stepping out of your guys' relationship. Just hear her out. Make the decisions with her otherwise you won't be a part of them at all."

Maybe Grady was fucking right. Which was rare.