Studio Show Down

Gerald POV

I flew back home to work on some songs, granted I knew Daniella would be around. It didn't bother me in a bad way, it just stung. I heard Kevin running down the halls to the studio room and familiar voices. Her laugh along with Ellie's. I thanked my lucky stars Aaron didn't come with her to the studio.

She looked stunning, wearing a flowing floral dress that hung off her shoulders. There was no hiding the bump she had now. She flashed a smile to me as Kevin ran into my arms.

"Daddy!"

"Hey buddy. You been good for your mother?" He nodded quickly before going to point to her stomach.

"Daddy I'm gonna be a big brother! I'm gonna have a little brother. Mommy says they're gonna name him Leo like Leonardo." She chuckled softly and sat down, wincing slightly.

"Kevin go get aunt Lani and Richard. Tell them mommy says they need to work." He ran off and I couldn't help but laugh.

" How ya feeling?"

"Sore. I have a doctor's appointment today. Said the baby might have to come early the way he keeps moving around." She shrugged and looked to the studio glass. " What cha working on? Something new hopefully."

"In all honesty I don't have anything to write about. Nothing that matters at least." I glanced to the door and cursed mentally. Ashley walked in and crossed her arms seeing Daniella.

"Well well. What do we owe the pleasure of you visiting this booth Miss Evans." Danny glanced to me before standing.

"As I do recall this is my studio. My booth and my musicians. So do be careful who you get an attitude with little one." Danny smirked closing the space. Dare I say Ashley was scared by the look in her eyes. "Try me one more time. The name Hasley will be dirt and those fake wigs you wear mere rats nests in the garbage." She glanced to me and fixed her jacket. "Mr.Gillum I'll speak with you later regarding the work your producing." She walked out and Ashley grumbled.

"You for real don't want to change record companies?"

"Danny is only being like that cause you wanna act like a cunt coming in here like you own the place." I sat down and started messing with the music program. "Don't fuck with her Ash."

"For real you gonna stand for that shit. I'm your girl!" I chuckled and stopped, spinning my chair to look at her.

"You are a good fuck. Just like I am to you doll." I stood and towered over her. "I don't wanna marry you and have kids with you. I just wanna chill and if you can't accept that then there is the door Ash. Don't act like you care about me and my feelings cause I know you don't." She rolled her eyes before backing up.

"Whatever G. I'm heading home." She was only upset and being the regular Ashley. She'll go home and pout only to end up at my place by nightfall. Bipolar to the core. I sat back down and tried to focus only to hear the door creak.

"What do you want Ashley?" A male voice cleared their throat before I turned around. Great Prince charming. Aaron chuckled slightly and crossed his arms, leaning in the doorway.

"I uh actually just wanted to see if you could watch Kevin till I get Daniella back from her appointment. She was gonna call Suz, but I said I'd ask you first." I nodded slowly before sitting back.

"You got a few minutes to talk?" I motioned to the sofa and he sat down.

" Yeah, what's up?"

"I uh.. Been trying to think about what I wanted to say to you Aaron. My first instinct was to want to kill you or beat the living shit out of you. I ain't gonna lie Danny was my girl. I loved her and I still do, but I fucked up. I didn't deserve her at times." I licked my lips looking down to choose my words. " When it rains she loves to just sit there with a cup of tea and watch it. She likes her tea without sugar. I always found that weird. She gets anxious around needles and got depression when she was pregnant with Kevin. I just-I-I don't wanna completely lose her. She deserves you man I mean really. You blew the standards out of the park." I laughed weakly before rubbing my face. My eyes were watering though I'd never admit it.

"I'll never keep you from her Gerald. You and her share a child. I respect that though. You telling me those things. I can promise you I'll never hurt her." He sat forward and twiddled his thumbs.

"I hate how good you are for her man. Makes me feel like I was the worst husband in the world."

"Like I said, you've not lost her Gerald. You haven't lost Kevin either. She cares for you deeply. You know how many Asian hotels I had to call so she'd go to sleep knowing your safe. Plenty." He chuckled and stood glancing to his watch. "I wish I had more time, but I've gotta get her to her appointment. Here." He dug into his pocket for something and grabbed a pen. "Really if you need anything and you don't wanna ask your ex wife. Call me. I'm pretty much free all the time. It doesn't hurt to ask for help. We've all been in a situation like this before, trust me. I had my own dark moments. Danny and I didn't meet playing bingo. We met at a bar. My girlfriend left me and you and her broke up. Then we met again after her chemo." He shrugged and started walking to the door.

"Thanks for the chat. Just send Kevin in and I'll be awaiting your return. I can show him how to use the studio." He chuckled slightly with a smile.

"He'll love that I'm sure."

Fuck even a straight guy could fall in love with this guy. I'm just glad she wasn't with another douche bag like me.