Stage Light

Question: New Year's plans?

Answer: mine is to get drunk and walk around in my Minky. Red of course 💅🏼

 Red of course 💅🏼

Danny POV

I walked along the red carpet forcing a smile. My stomach churned seeing my father in the distance. I'd managed to stay away from him since my last encounter.

"Your okay." Zayn whispered against my ear before pressing a kiss to my cheek. " Gerald is in front of us he's not getting near you." I glanced to him and flashed a smile once again for the paparazzi to eat up.

We kept walking and only now did I see Gerald. All black suit and hair combed back but hidden under my favourite fedora. No girl by his side surprisingly.

Zayn and I kept walking though I nearly froze in my tracks seeing my father and Taylor approaching. It was her words that made me nauseous.

"Dad this is Daniella's new boyfriend. Zayn."

"Dad?" I mumbled and clutched Zayn's arm more.

"She's your half sister Daniella. Think about it. A family owned company." He smirked and I pulled Zayn's arm.

"Rot in hell." Zayn and I nearly rushed inside and to our seats. I wanted to leave but I knew I had to be here. I placed my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, enjoying the darkness of the large theatre.

"It makes sense now. Taylor played Gerald."

"Yeah." I mumbled and he took my hand giving it a squeeze.

"Wanna hide backstage?"

"No, I can't come off as weak. We both know that much." I lifted my head and he stroked my cheek, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"I've got you. Your okay." His voice was soothing in it all. I couldn't help but look for Gerald in the madness. Yet he was no where to be found. Yet as the night went on Zayn and I went back stage for her performance coming.

"Where is Sia?" I looked around as he dialed on his phone.

" Hey where are you? What? Ummm okay." He looked to me, wearing his leather jacket and stage clothes.

"What's wrong?"

"Her plane is delayed. She won't make it." He motioned to his crew. "Get Danny in that outfit!"

"WHAT?!" I squeaked as his crew started ushering me to a room.

"You know the words love. You'll be fine. You have a beautiful voice." the crew closed the door and started doing my make up after I changed into tight jeans and a leather jacket. My boobs only hidden by the leather jacket and crop top, my stomach churned at the look. I was too sexy in my mind. My hair slightly messy with Smokey eyes.

"Bloody hell." I turned around and looked to Zayn who was biting his lip.

"You do realize you have me singing for Sia." I laughed nervously and looked to my hands which were shaking. "I've never sung in front of anyone!"

"You trust me don't you?" He chuckled and offered out his hand. I took it and walked towards the stage, standing on the x as Zayn walked out. He started singing and fans screamed before going silent to hear him. I was guided to the other side of the stage, gripping my mic in a deathly fear.

Gerald was right. Once you get up there it all fades away. I looked to Zayn as I started singing Sias part, we kept or distance on the stage making the song all the more dramatic like two distant lovers. We got closer as the song went and you could feel the tension in the air until we were close and the music stopped leaving just our voices.

Go, give love to your body
It's only you that can stop it
Go, give love to your body
It's only you that can stop it
Go, give love to your body
It's only you that can stop it

His hand ran along the side of my torso, my hand on his chest until we pulled away to finish the song. His fans screamed wanting more, it had turned out perfect. I was buzzing from it all, my heart racing as I got back stage and looked to Zayn.

"I should have called you instead of Sia."

"Nonsense." I chuckled and took a deep breath. "That was fucking crazy." I ran my fingers through my hair and watched as Zayn got caught up in a conversation. I nudged him to say I was gonna go change and probably leave soon. We'd already spoken about this evening. He had a party and I walked to go home and have a glass of wine.

We existed outside of each other's worlds perfectly fine. Functioning together and alone. So that's what we did. I got changed and grabbed one of the limos, waving to the driver as he opened the door. Yet I was ready for what I saw when I climbed into the spacious car.

" You were fucking amazing up there." The driver quickly closed the door so no one saw just who was in my limo before he drove off. I adjusted my dress looking into Gerald's dangerously dark eyes. He had a red rose between his fingers as he looked to me.

"How'd you sneak in here?"

"I've got my ways." He chuckled and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear. Silence over took us as I coiled toward him. His cologne pulling me back to my reality. That this game with Zayn in public was exactly just that, a game.

Gerald lifted my head my placing his finger under my chin. We were like animals with our need. His lips found mine as if to try and erase Zayn had ever touched me. His hands grabbing my hips to pull me onto his lap.

I took off his fedora and placed it on my head as we kissed. Ger pulled away and picked up the limo phone.

" Hey man, drive around for awhile. I'll pay you well." He chuckled and hung it up before once again letting us get lost in this moment we'd stolen together. Right now the world melted away into nothing and it was just Him and I.