Gossip King

Daniella POV

It was all sunshine and butterflies when I first married Gerald. I walked down the aisle, which if anyone knew my story would have thought it was a miracle. Yet just like all marriages things happen. Love can die or in our case just fade away. It wasn't hard really. With him away all the time I spend my time working or with our son.

"Kevin?" I hollered as I sat breakfast down on the table. "Get down here for breakfast." The house was silent as I sighed and wandered upstairs to his room. He was a great kid, though he had a mouth at times. I couldn't blame him considering Gerald tended to throw out curse words like sentence enhancers. He was four, but super smart and he knew when to stay away from his father. "Honey? Wake up." I hummed, sitting down on his bed as he whined slightly.

"But mommy I'm sleepy. It's Saturday."

"Daddy promised to take you to the zoo remember. We gotta get you ready." It was like a bolt of lightning hit him. He ran downstairs to eat his breakfast as I just looked towards the doorway. Was I really going to do this today? I bit the inside of my cheek violently as I walked downstairs. Kev was already halfway done his breakfast and soon enough he'd be bolting upstairs to get ready.

"Mommy?"

"Yes baby?"

"Are you coming with us?"

"Of course. Then we are gonna go over uncle Grady and Ellie's house." He grinned and wiggled in the chair.

"Is uncle Blizzy and Marty going to be there?"

"Don't forget uncle James and Matty." I forced a smile to my lips before ushering him off. " Go get ready. I don't want you to be late to the zoo."

"Okay mommy!" He hollered since he was already upstairs. I sighed and cleaned up, looking to my purse. Was I really going to do this today? I had been asking myself this for weeks. My thoughts were cut short as I heard the front door chime.

"Dee?! Kev?!" I looked to see the man whose last name I held. Whose son we shared. His dark hair was combed back as always and eyes locking onto mine. "Hey babe." He grinned and snaked an arm around me, planting a kiss to my cheek.

"Hey. Where were you last night?"

"Studio. The album is almost done. December 2017, it's gonna be the year ending hit." I believed him, after all Ellie had texted me why I didn't come. Truth be told I was tired of the party scene.

" Mmm well you should come home more often Ger. You're not Superman, you need sleep." I kissed his cheek before walking upstairs. His audible sigh tugged at my heart strings. I'd be damned if I said he wasn't trying. "Kevin, you ready? Daddy is home." He grinned and motioned to his shoes, which I tied before he ran off. I could hear his giggles and excitement as Gerald and him talked.

He wasn't lying that he'd be a great father. Kevin had it good. Gerald was there for everything and when he wasn't he was a call away. One thing was for sure Kevin had him wrapped around his finger.

"Ready babe?" Gerald helped Kevin get on his coat before offering to help me put mine on. I slipped into the leather coat before grabbing my purse.

"Now I'm ready." I helped Kevin buckle up before joining Gerald in the front of his Ferrari GTC4Lusso. He'd always wanted one, though not extremely stylish in my opinion. However he set goals to get the perfect cars for his collection. I couldn't lie he was working hard. So was I though. Once again I ran the studios with Ellie, she was officially part owner since I trusted her so deeply. Then there was Devon. Someone who was once an enemy I now considered a friend.

I looked out the window as Gerald took my hand, gently squeezing it with his own. We were in this limbo lately. I guess all marriages hit a point like this one. Where the love is there, but so weak it's worth letting go sometimes. Gerald parked the car and got Kevin out before he bolted to get in line. Obviously Gerald had already gotten tickets before hand.

"What's on your mind Dee." He wrapped an arm around we as we walked into the zoo area, following after Kevin. "You been quite."

"Gerald I don't want to talk about it right now." I mumbled glancing to him. "I just want to have a good day with you and Kevin." He sighed and looked to our son who was fascinated with the lions.

"The lawyer called me Dee don't act like you haven't been possibly planning something. You know I fucking love you." He whispered as set his gaze on me once more before lowering it. "He told me you've been thinking about divorce." He pulled out a blunt and glanced around before lighting it.

"I don't know Gerald." I mumbled and took the blunt once he offered it. "I'm not gonna lie it's been on my mind for a bit. We're never really together unless it's for Kevin." He nodded and took my hand, letting my torso go as we walked.

"He also said you were saying you didn't want a thing. No money, house, car, not even settled custody of Kevin. Dee just talk to me baby." I looked to him, feeling my eyes well with tears.

"I'm fine Gerald. I've just been missing you. Sometimes I think it'd be better if you and I weren't together. I wouldn't miss you as much. I didn't say I was gonna serve you with papers or anything like that, I just was assesing my opinions." He scoffed.

"Assessing your options? I'm your husband not some client or business partner." He sighed and looked down once again. "I don't know Daniella. Do what you want, but you know I love you."

"Truth be told I loved him too." I was damned if I do and damned if I don't I suppose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome back! It's so good to be starting the second book finally. I've taken into account all the messages and comments from drifting back and started this lovely story. I hope you all enjoy it and please comment and vote. It keeps me writing and I love to hear what you all think.

-TMD