A Many Splendored Thing pt.2

"I know that life is hard. I know sometimes you feel like giving up: on people and on yourself. I know you have good days and bad days but more bad than good or so it seems. I know everyday you question yourself 'what is this all for?' 'Am I making the right choices?' 'Am I suppose to be here, now?' I know you have more questions than answers and most of the time you don't even know how to explain them. I know, life is hard, but you have to keep going. You have to rise above the waters of your soul, and bloom, no matter how hot the fire is. No matter how many arrows you carry on your back. The times are hard, I know, believe me, but you're a goddamn warrior, a soldier filled with both pain and love. And life, well, life is just another beast you were meant to tame and there is no one better for the job, other than you."

R.M.Drake

***

Maya had gotten word from McGee that the case of her friend and Chen, were now overlapping. Bishop and Reeves were being reprimanded by Director Vance for going rogue. Maya was surprised to hear that Bishop had been the ring leader, she had been specifically told not to pursue Chen because of what happened to her boyfriend. It would be messy, but here she was, doing exactly what she was told not to do. Maya wasn't picking sides, but if she was in the same place that Bishop was in, she would be going after Chen too. Maya wouldn't be able to settle until it was done. Until Chen was in jail or dead. McGee shot her another text to come down to an interrogation. She walked into the dark out room and saw McGee and Quinn standing inside, while Nick and Gibbs were on the other side of the glass. "Who is that?"

"Kevin Lane," Quinn says, "he purchased the abandoned radio toward last year on Ebay."

"I actually think I bid on that," McGee comments.

"What really impresses me is that that I have no idea if you are joking or not," Quinn says and McGee has a slight smirk as he refocuses gaze on the glass. Maya does as well.

Nick showed the man a picture of her friend and the man shakes his head, "sorry, guys. I have no idea who that is."

"Was. She killed herself," Nick says, "after receiving a threatening message."

"From your compound," Gibbs adds, fiddling with a pen.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about," Lane replies.

"So you're clueless," Nick says, sounding bored.

"No, I'm a carpet salesman."

"With enough emergency supplies for World War III," Gibbs says, trying yo push him.

"No, just enough to survive," the man says, as if it's totally normal to have such an excessive amount of supplies.

"What, zombie apocalypse?" Nick asks, sarcastically.

"The end of the world, man," he chuckles at Nick's 'ignorance', "it's coming sooner than you think."