Undefined

***

"Yeah," she said, suddenly and without warning she began to have a flashback. Her breath quickened and she walked toward the edge of the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" He said, eyeing her as she clutched the counter with one hand. He quickly knew the answer and went to her, his arms around her. He'd been comforting her a lot lately and she was beyond grateful, but she also knew that the more time she spent with him, the more likely that she would fall for him. More likely that he could crush her so easily.

***

Maya ended up making an appointment with a shrink, but with one that Gibbs did not know. She went three times, during a three week span, to talk about what had happened and to process it. She stopped going after the third time, it wasn't as helpful as she would have liked but she had to admit she got a little something out of it: some meditating each morning does the soul good. It doesn't get rid of the damaged done, but it pushes it aside for the day.
Maya had also distanced herself from Nick, she didn't want to be vulnerable anymore...least of all not in front of him. She didn't want to risk making a connection and didn't want to to put herself at risk for feeling anything for him at all apart from thinking that he was a good agent.

***

"For me, it's not necessarily interesting to play a strong, fearless woman. It's interesting to play a woman who is terrified and then overcomes that fear. It's about the journey. Courage is not the absence of fear, it's overcoming it." Natalie Dormer

***

"Presenting leadership as a list of carefully defined qualities (like strategic, analytical, and performance-oriented) no longer holds. Instead, true leadership stems from individuality that is honestly and sometimes imperfectly expressed… Leaders should strive for authenticity over perfection."
Sheryl Sandberg (Curated Quoted)

"If you can speak about what you care about to a person you disagree with without denigrating or insulting them, then you may actually be heard, and you might even change their mind."
Amy Poehler (Curated Quotes)

***

Sorry for the short chapter (and also barely a chapter), next one will be longer -bfugss