1.35

Sophie had been on a mission the past couple days. Cortez has informed her about a very crucial part of the mate ceremony. Mind linking. At the end of the night, after all the dancing and visitors from the other pack left, Sophie would have to officially mind link with the pack. She was told that she could do so without knowing everyone but it would be a little more difficult. All she really needed was trust.

Still, Sophie took it upon herself to meet everyone. All two hundred and seventy-four of them. Delilah helped a lot, introducing Sophie to each pack member. Sophie greeted everyone with a warm smile and thanked them for welcoming her into their pack. Each and every wolf was flustered by that. They didn't expect to be thanked. She was the Luna. They would usually be thanking her.

It took four days, to be exact. Sophie developed a routine. Wake up with Cortez, eat breakfast with Cortez, split off so he could do work and she could meet more pack members, and then reconvene in his office. Usually, the last step ended in them making out on the sofa in his office. One of those times, it ended up with them having sex on that sofa.

And today, Sophie was hoping that would happen again as she excitedly skipped into Cortez's office. His eyes found hers as she bursted through the door and rushed across the room with a bright smile on her face. Cortez chuckled, knowing exactly what was coming. He pushed back from his desk and turned as Sophie skipped around it to get to him. She leaped into his lap and their lips collided.

"I missed you, Angel." Cortez muttered against her lips as his hands slipped under her shirt and his fingers grazed her spine.

Sophie trailed kisses down his neck and went for his mark, which always seemed to turn Cortez to putty. Right as her tongue graze the mark in a long wet, Cortez let out a moan and tilted his head back. Sophie chuckled and continued her assault on his neck as she pressed herself against him. It seemed she could never get enough of him now that they had marked each other.

A sudden knock on Cortez's office door interrupted their little playtime, but before they could even separate, the door flew open. Obviously, whoever it was, didn't care to have Cortez's approval before they barged in. Sophie was quick to climb out of Cortez's lap just as the person appeared in the doorway. She nearly fell on her ass in the moment of panic but managed to catch her footing.

"Hey, fathead! Mom wants..." Miguel started as he walked in but stopped as he noticed Cortez staring at Sophie and Sophie nervously fixing her clothes. A knowing smirk pulled at the corner of his lips he folded his arms over his chest. "Looks like I might've walked in on something, huh? No wonder it feels a little steamy in here."

Sophie gaped at Miguel in shock and then her stare turned angry. The cocky smirk on his face made her want to hit him. She darted forward to do so, which caused Miguel to run around the office to get away from her before she could hurt him. Cortez laughed he watched his little mate chase his little brother. Miguel passed behind Cortez chair with a cry for help, Sophie close behind him. Just as Sophie passed by, Cortez caught her waist and pulled her into his lap.

"Calm it, little sister! I'm only teasing you." Miguel skipped to a stop when he realized Sophie had been stopped.

"What do you want, Miguel?" Cortez asked. Usually, he would ask with an annoyed tone, but he was in a good mood so he didn't even mind.

"Mom says she's almost ready so we should be too. It's gonna take us a half hour to get to the city, anyways." Miguel spoke as he looked at the watch on his wrists.

Sophie jumped up from Cortez's lap with a mumbled curse. "I totally forgot that was today! I have to get ready!"

"It's not a big deal, Sophie! You don't have to stress about what you're going to wear! We're gonna get you new clothes today, anyways!" Cortez called after his mate as she ran through his office.