1.14

The original plan was for Alpha Gabriel to let his warriors pummel Cortez until he couldn't move anymore, take Sophie, leave him half dead in the street. Unfortunately, there were a couple of major kinks. The brawl in the middle of the parking lot was drawing in the attention of the workers smoking behind the restaurant. He didn't like them staring. He didn't want them jotting down faces or getting photos or a recording or something.

Not to mention, Sophie was very loudly having a panic attack in the car beside the fight and Cortez wasn't going down very easily. He already had three guys down and wasn't giving up. Gabriel could already tell that this wasn't worth the time and attention that it was. Either the cops would show up or Cortez would escape with Sophie within the next couple minutes. Both scenarios were not what Gabriel wanted so he decided to take action, himself.

Marching towards the car again, he pulled open the back door and reached for the sobbing human girl in the backseat. Sophie shrieked when she felt someone's hand on her, his nails digging painfully into her skin as they forced her out of the car. She kicked and screamed but the person grabbing her was far too strong.

"Let go of me! Let go!" Sophie screamed as she struggled. The man wrapped his arms around her torso, trapping her own arms against her chest as he lifted her feet off the ground. "Let go of me! Cortez! Help!"

Even though he shouldn't've, Cortez turned to see Alpha Gabriel dragged Sophie down the sidewalk. He didn't get to look for long before he was kicked in the back of the knee by one guy and punched in the face by another as he tumbled. Cortez wanted to go save Sophie. He wanted to ditch these assholes and run to her, but the moment he tried to escape them, they yanked him back to the ground and started kicking him.

"No! Stop it! Let me go!" Sophie cried and screamed as she realized they were in front of a black car.

The man completely ignored her cries and tossed her aggressively into the back seat. She sat up and quickly rushed towards the door but he slammed it shut before she could escape. She clawed desperately at the door but there were no latches or handles or switches. It wasn't at all helping that it was dark and her eyes were filled with tears and blurring her vision. Even her fingers were shaking in a panic.

"Calm down, will ya, Love." Gabriel snickered as he started his car and slammed on the gas. The car lurched backwards, Gabriel pulling out of the parking spot and racing into traffic in a hurry.

When Alpha Gabriels car whipped around a corner and successfully escaped the scene, the warriors took that as their cue to leave. Only the ones that were conscious actually bolted down the street, leaving Cortez and their fellow pack members laying lifeless in the middle of the parking lot. Cortez forced himself to roll over despite all the pain screaming at him to stop moving. It was likely that he had a couple broken bones and open wounds.

"Hey man, are you good?" One of the smoking waiters reluctantly stepped into the parking lot to ask the only man that looked alive. "We called the cops and an ambulance already but I didn't catch the license plate of the car that took the girl."

"Don't worry about it." Cortez groaned and spat blood onto the ground. "I'm gonna go get her myself."

"I don't think that's a good idea, man. An ambulance is on it's way. The police will find the girl." The man reassured as he reached to place a hand on Cortez's shoulder.

Cortez instinctually slapped it away and shot him a glare as he aggressively panted. "I can save her!" He growled.

The man put her hands up and backed away from Cortez. He took a couple deep, very painful, breaths to help pop his broken ribs back into place. That easily worked and he could already feel his body repairing smaller broken bones and cuts all over his body. When he was strong enough to stand on his own two feet, he ripped what was left of his shirt off and trudged towards his car.