1.08

"Look at you boys! Right on time!" Sophie sang playfully as she hopped out of her truck.

Cortez smiled at his beautiful mate as his eyes looked her up and down. She was dressed adorably. Cowboy boots, a peachy-pink colored sundress, a denim vest, and a little sun hat. It was very soft and innocent but so was Sophie. The best part was her sparkling green eyes, bright and pearly smile, and her short, wavy brown hair. That would always be his favorite parts of her.

"Where did you just come back from, Gorgeous?" Cortez asked as he watched Sophie walk to the back of her truck.

"I went to grab some food since you said you'd bring as many as you could." Sophie grabbed two bags in her hands and looked up.

Although she had just said, she didn't expect there to be so many. Behind Cortez stood a whole crowd of men, all varying in ethnicity and style but all similar in height in muscles. There were so many of them. The crowd was the size of one of her classes. She instantly wondered where Cortez had found all these men. She didn't recognize a single one of them.

"Let me help you." Cortez invaded her thoughts as he took her grocery bags out of her hands.

Cortez then looked at the guys and nodded his head once towards her truck. Instantly, all of them surrounded the bed of her truck and reached for bags of food, ice, and endless beverages. Sophie marveled in amazement as she walked towards the house, holding her sunhat on her head since the wind was relentless today.

"And how do you know all of them?" Sophie turned to Cortez as they walked inside.

"Remember when I said I was a manager?"

"Oh, so they're employees?"

"They listen to me, yes." Cortez shrugged.

"You never give me clear answers." Sophie shot Cortez a playful glare as she opened her fridge.

She knelt down and started clearing space for everything she had just bought. Cortez watched as his pack members flooded into the house with bags in hand. He took them and placed them on the table as the line of delivers kept moving. The kitchen wasn't all that big so they passed their bags to Cortez and returned to the foyer.

"Do you want us to start painting now?" A familiar voice asked. Sophie leant back from the fridge to see Jeremiah in front of the crowd in the doorway.

"Oh hello, Jeremiah. Nice to see you again. The cans of paint are on the left side of the house and there are ladders and brushes and rags and everything out there as well." Sophie smiled.

Jeremiah gave a thumbs up and gestured for everyone to funnel outside again. Cortez curiously started peeking inside Sophie's grocery bags to see what she had bought. He was happy to see one bag was full of raw, ground up beef. As werewolves, they naturally ate a lot of meat. He was glad she had provided them with some without even knowing.

"What are you planning on cooking?" Cortez asked.

Sophie moved a few last things and jumped from the fridge. "I'm gonna make sloppy joes for lunch but I also bought a bunch of popsicles and ice cream since it's really hot out today. I also bought stuff for lemonade and maybe fruit punch or something. There are watermelons somewhere in there, more water bottles, chips, tons of stuff really."

Cortez smiled with pride as he watched Sophie dig through her grocery bags. She really went above and beyond just for a bunch of guys she didn't even know. He could tell she wanted to make sure that everyone was taken care of and it was that very quality that made her perfect Luna material. His pack may be skeptical because of her age and size but she was perfect whether they knew it or not.