1.21

"The first thing I want to show you is the ballroom." Cortez said, his hands on Sophie's waist as he guided her through the house in front of her.

"That's where the ceremony is held, right? When the pack celebrates their new Luna?"

Cortez smiled and nuzzled beside her ear, his jaw moving over her hair as he spoke. "You read that but you didn't read any of the important stuff?"

Sophie squirmed. "That part was in the beginning. And then you went into graphic detail and I got nervous." Cortez chuckled. Sophie peeked behind them to see the pack watching their Alpha and Luna walk away without them. "They're not coming with?"

"Do you want them to?"

"Yes. This is their house. They should show me around too."

Cortez stopped ignoring at the desperate pleas in his head and finally granted them permission to come along. Sophie wasn't aware of their begging or the silent conversation they had with Cortez. A gust of wind surrounded Sophie as the pack ran by on either side of her and Cortez. She flinched like she had before but chuckled as she watched everyone excitedly rush in front of her. They were obviously excited to show her around, which made her happy and relieved.

The crowd of werewolves waited patiently by the ballroom doors as Sophie and Cortez approached. He threw the doors open just as Sophie had when they arrived. Sophie shuffled into the dark room and looked around as Cortez flicked on the lights. It looked just as she imagined.

The walls were high, wooden floor polished and shiny, red curtains hanging over the walls where large windows were hidden. The ball room stretched from one end of the pack house to the other and right in the middle, up against a wall, there was a short platform with a black, grand piano and a microphone. It even looked like there was enough space for more on the platform.

Sophie excitedly turned to Cortez and bit down on her bottom lip. Cortez proudly smiled. "This is why I wanted to show you the ballroom. That piano is all yours now."

"Really?" Sophie's emerald eyes twinkled with happiness. Cortez nodded and gestured for her to go to it.

To show her gratitude, Sophie gritted Cortez's shirt and placed a kiss on his cheek. He surprised himself by blushing at her adorable gesture. Sophie couldn't hold back her excitement as she ran across the ballroom to get to the piano. The rest of the pack flooded into the room as Cortez stepped on to the platform with his mate. Sophie waited for everyone to fill the ballroom before she started playing, just to make sure.

She wasn't too nervous, surprisingly. At first, she was terrified to meet all of these people but they turned out different than she imagined. They were so warm and welcoming. She liked them. It wouldn't be so scary to play in front of them.

Cortez sat backwards on the bench in front of the piano and gently gripped her thigh. She admired the piano for a moment, shooting Cortez a smile. "I haven't played in awhile. I might be a little rusty." She whispered.

"Don't act modest." Cortez teased with a playful glare.

"How do you know I'm being modest?"

"I have a feeling."

Sophie laughed and turned her attention to the piano. After a moment of pulling herself into piano mode, she finally began to play. Her fingers started slowly at first and her expression full of concentration. Some began to recognize the song but all were instantly impressed by her skills. Cortez, especially, who was intently staring at his mate with so much love and admiration in his eyes.

The song was Dance Of the Sugar Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker, the song Sophie had mentioned was her favorite to play when she brought up her piano skills on their date. He could tell it was her favorite as she started to hit the higher notes and a smile spread across her face. Her body slightly swayed, leaned, and dipped with the rhythm as she enjoyed the lovely sound of the piano. Cortez was thoroughly impressed and so was the rest of the pack as they watched and listened to her play.