1.33

"So... Did you have fun with Cortez's family today? They seem to really like you." Delilah beamed as she looked at Sophie through the mirror.

Sophie shyly laughed. "It was nice, actually. Looking through old photos was really cool. And then Maria showed me all the things she had already prepared for the mate ceremony, which is a lot of stuff. If I would've known there was so much, I would've offered to help a little more."

"I'm sure she doesn't mind. Luna Maria used to love to throw parties in the pack house so this is kind of her specialty." Delilah reassured. She gathered some of Sophie's hair between her fingers and snipped it away. "What about your dress and all that? Do you have anything to wear?"

"No. We all decided to go into the city for a shopping trip. I can finally get some of my own clothes and also pick out a dress for the ceremony." Sophie explained.

Delilah couldn't stop beaming as she continued to cut Sophie's hair. "I'm so happy we finally get to have our Luna. The whole pack is happy. This mate ceremony is going to amazing."

Sophie blushed. She hadn't gotten used to all of this yet. Having so many people admire her and look up to her was odd after being so secluded all her life. But it certainly gave her more confidence. She felt more comfortable leading a group of people when they liked her opposed to the latter. And she knew Cortez would always be around to help.

A sudden spark of pain in the pit of Sophie's gut made her gasp and clench her abdomen. "Oh! Ow! Ow, ow, ow, ow ow!" Sophie hissed through the hot, sharp pain.

"What? What is it? Are you alright?" Delilah panicked.

"No, it's nothing.." Sophie breathed through the pain and straightened her posture. She looked in the mirror to see half her hair cut and Delilah staring at her with worry. "We might wanna hurry this up before I vomit or something. I really wanna lay down."

"Okay.."

Delilah hesitated and continued to cut Sophie's hair so it all stopped flat at her jawline. She couldn't help but stare at Sophie in the mirror. She looked alright. Sophie was simply sitting and breathing, trying to brainstorm why she felt so weird. There was a sore spot somewhere in her gut, which was odd. She had felt sore muscles in her legs or arms but never inside her.

Sophie wanted Cortez. He always made her feel better, physically and mentally. She liked touching him. She liked when he touched her. God, did she want to him to touch her. The memories of kissing him and feeling his hands on her instantly brought another sharp pain through her core. She tried to fight it and ignore it. She figured she was just sick.

"You really don't look good, Luna. Are you sure you're alright?" Delilah asked.

"I'm fine. Really. I think I just miss Cortez. It's been like..." Sophie paused to think. "Wow.. It's only been like three hours." Sophie groaned and slapped her hands over her face. "What is wrong with me? I can't be away from him for three hours?"

"I know how you feel, Luna. I can't be away from Jeremiah for too long either. It's torture."

"I think I was missing him in my sleep last night as well. I had this super graphic dream about him. I even woke him up because I was moaning. God, it's so embarrassing." Sophie blushed.

"I get those kinds of dreams when my heat comes around." Delilah said as she ran a comb through Sophie's hair. She pulled back the short locks and looked at Sophie's neck. "But you haven't even been marked yet so you shouldn't be in heat."

"My heat.." Sophie breathed the words as it hit her. She remembered what Miguel had told her after asking if she had been marked yet.

You've been connected for too long to not have mated yet. The mate bond is going to get sick of waiting and force you into heat, which usually wouldn't happen until you're marked.