»part 38 » pretty girl

Start from the beginning

I continued to wait for the reckless boy as the color orange caused a migraine.

While I was at work last night, I couldn't stop thinking about Julian and Lip. Two, completely different fucked up boys, haunted my brain. Each one of them caused different feelings to course. Julian's feelings were sadder, while Lip's feelings were more perplexed. They both left me in a haze throughout the night, until I decided that the next day I would pay a visit to the inmate.

I just wanted to talk.

"No shit," The familiar voice echoed from behind the glass, "Look who we have here. A Monaco in the flesh."

I stood and smiled at the raven-haired boy. He wore a similar blinding orange jumpsuit like the rest with a light bruise underneath his eye. "Milkovich, looking lovely as always."

Mickey flicked his nose so causally with a finger and smirked before sitting. I sat and followed suit as he grabbed the phone behind the glass.

He placed both elbows on the small table that we shared separated between glass and smiled. "And you look like shit, like usual."

Pressing the cold, sticky phone to my ear, I flipped him the bird and laughed. "Still a sweet talker, I see."

"Not much has changed." He shrugged.

"How've you been, Mick?" I asked, "Making prison your bitch, I'm guessing."

"I made prison my bitch a long time ago. This is cake. Same shit, different toilet."

I scrunched my nose, "Cute."

"But other than that, things are as good as they can be. Guys are kind of limp around here, but I make do." He said with a wink, "Some bitch tried to steal my cheese stick at lunch, gave me this shit." His voice turned sour as he pointed to the bruise under his eye, "Had to show him a thing or two, learned his lesson."

"Don't fuck with a Milkovich's cheese stick." I commented.

"Damn straight." He chuckled.

While I was working last night, Svetlana brought Yvgeny to work. When I was on my lunch break, I sat with him in the kitchen and fed him peanuts. While I was torturing with myself thinking about Julian and Lip, I couldn't stop noticing how much the little brat looked like Mickey, so I thought, why not pay him a visit? I needed something to take my mind off everything.

I almost didn't make it through the front door of the building, because I realized I didn't know where Julian was locked up. If I were to be in the same space as him, I didn't know how well I would take it. But now being here, sitting and laughing with Mickey, I'm happy I pushed myself to come. I missed the fucker.

"So what's new with you, Monaco? Break any noses lately?"

I laughed but stopped to really think. I shook my head and continued laughing, "Not that I know of. Just crazy ass Sammi."

"Fuck that bitch." Mickey spat with venom.

"Should have killed her when I had the chance."

"You should have."

I held the phone against my ear and looked around to see any familiar faces. Paranoia was starting to set in.

"Everything okay?" Mickey asked, "On the run or something?"

"Not exactly." I mumbled before looking at him. "Listen, Mick, I came here because I wanted to talk."

He scrunched his brows and worry tainted his voice, "Is everything okay?"

His response reminded me that Ian hasn't visited in a long time. He came once or twice, but it was always with Svet. Ian didn't want to be around Mickey anymore, and to be truthful, I didn't blame him. He wanted to start over, and being here, visiting Mickey in jail, would only set him back. Once I realized Mickey was probably worrying himself sick about Ian's well-being I shook my head. "Everyone's fine, promise."