Chapter Thirty-Nine

Lauren's POV

"Thank you Lauren for this, there is no way Addie would let Nellie visit if I was staying in a hotel. I promise to pay you back as soon as I can." Trevor said.

"No problem, I know you're good for it." I tell him.

After that night Trevor showed up drunk I started helping him find a place to stay for a month until his house was ready. Problem was all off his money was tied up in the new place and his legal issues that he wouldn't have been able to afford anything. So I found him this vacation rental home that you could rent for a month which was all the time he needed but its a little over a thousand bucks. I was happy to help though, Trevor and I needed space.

"About what I said the other night, I didn't mean to load all of that on you." He says.

"I needed to hear it Trevor, I hadn't realize that I was a big part of why you weren't able to let me go. I would say I need space from you and not even a month later you and I are right back to being in each others faces again. I'm just as guilty, I kept telling you that you needed to let go when all along I was holding on too. I've depended on you for so long that it's hard thinking about letting you go. You're my best friend." I said to him.

"I think it's time that we become just friends now Lauren, I don't think I could be the best for you anymore because you already have it

"I think it's time that we become just friends now Lauren, I don't think I could be the best for you anymore because you already have it. Don't do what I did to Addie to Camila? I should have thought of Addie as my best friend and not you. Camila is the best for you, she's who you want at your side and I'm done fucking with that. I'll always be there if you need me, I just hope that you don't." He said.

He was such and amazing guys that's part of the reason why I always wanted him around. Even as a lesbian I know that good men are hard to come by and he was a really great guy.

"Thank you for everything Trevor." I said stepping up to give him a hug.

He pulled me into the hug and hugged me tightly before letting me go.

"I guess the next time I'll see you will be at the wedding." He says.

I smiled. "Yes."

"I'll see you later Lauren."

"Bye Trevor." I said before walking to my car.

Trevor left to go into the rental home.

Now for some space, for real this time.

...

Camila was out with my mom and the little ones she wanted to get out of the house. Dino was over at Rio's today Shay was taking them to a water park today so they were excited.