Chapter Twenty-Three

Camila's POV

I came right home when Addie and I finished lunch and I have been home for a couple of hours. I wondered how Lauren and Dino's day was going I know she was taking him somewhere fun then she's going to tell him about her diabetes.

I was reading one of Lauren's books she had a lot of books and I loved reading once upon a time and I wanted to start doing it again. I was halfway through this enticing book when the front door opened and I saw a blur in the shape of Dino passing by.

Judging by how he stormed into the house I could say that he didn't take Lauren's news too well. The look on my girlfriend's face confirmed that for me. She looked so defeated and I could tell that she was moments from breaking down.

I placed the book down and looked at her and she made her way to me. She drops her keys on the coffee table and places her bag on the floor before taking a seat next to me.

"Tell me what happened." I said.

She looked at me trying her best to hold in her tears but judging from her pout she wouldn't hold it long.

"He thinks that I don't believe in him, that I don't think he can handle things. He's upset that I kept this from him." She says.

"His reaction wasn't unwarranted you do know that right, he's going to need a little time to process this." I tell her.

"I understand, but this is hard. He's never been mad at me, I've never disappointed him. It was wrong of me to not tell him the truth but I honestly thought that I was protecting him."

"Baby parenting is mostly intuition and personal experience, there was no way you could have known how to handle this situation. You did what you thought was best and you're not at fault for that. You are an amazing mother; give him time he'll come around. Dino loves you more than anything; he won't hold onto this for long trust me okay." I said.

She looks at me. "I do trust you, thank you. I guess I'll give him a little time before I go and talk to him."

"Can I talk to him? If that's okay with you." I proposed.

"Yes, of course you can talk to him you're very good with him." She says.

"I just don't want to overstep."

She shakes her head. "You're not overstepping, I for one admire the relationship that is growing between you two. I'm glad that I found someone who cares about the well-being of my son. I can see how much you care for him and I love you for that." She says with a slight smile.

"He's a part of you Lauren; I can't help but care for him

"He's a part of you Lauren; I can't help but care for him." I returned her smile.

She leans in placing a kiss on my lips and I kissed her back, we kissed for a moment before she pulls out of it.

"I love you."

I bit my lip. "I love you."

My feelings for her are unparalleled it surpasses anything I've ever experienced. It just hit me that I'm only twenty-three and have found the one. She was the one I wanted to plan a life with; I never thought I'd have that and certainly not this soon. My life was still a question; I still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I didn't know my purpose. I was hoping I'd find it soon so my life could truly be complete.