Chapter Twenty-Eight

Camila's POV

I shouldn't have left Lauren to go see Mark because it was absolutely pointless going there.

Trevor and I got back and I immediately made a beeline for the bedroom that I shared with my girlfriend. When I got there I found Lauren fast asleep her arms wrapped around a sleeping Toby. Lauren was always happy around Toby because he didn't know what was going on. He just had a way with her.

I didn't want to disturb them so I left out quietly so that I didn't wake them and I decided to go check on Dino. He hasn't really been the same since Lauren's assault and I understood he was traumatized. He has been keeping his distance for the most part. Lauren asks me how he's doing often and I would tell her the truth.

I wish things were back to the way they were but I was afraid that it will never been the same again.

I knocked on Dino's door and waited for him to answer.

"Come in." He called.

I opened the door and walked into his room. Dino was sitting at his desk on his laptop looking at skateboarding videos.

"Hey Dino." I said.

He paused his video then turned to look at me.

"Hi Camila, you're back." He said.

"Yep, you look busy." I said taking a seat on his bed.

"I'm not really, just looking up some new tricks." He says.

"That's cool, just be careful when you try them."

"Of course. Have you checked on mom? Is she okay?" He asked.

I smiled. "She's okay, she and Toby are taking a nap."

"That's good, Toby knows how to make everyone feel better. It's a highly developed skill of his." He joked.

I laughed. "He certainly has it down doesn't he?"

 "He certainly has it down doesn't he?"

"He does."

"Why are you shut up in you room when Addie and your little sister are here?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I've just been getting lost in my thoughts a lot lately, you know---after what happened to mom."

"I understand because I have also, stuff like that changes you. I've never loved anyone like I love your mom so what happened rattled me to my core."

"I just want my mom to be okay." He states.

"Your mom is the strongest woman I know, this did not break her. Something traumatizing happened to your mother and it's going to take a while for her to get over that. We will be here to help her get through this."

"Do you know who did this to her?" He asked.

It occurred to me that he may want to know who's responsible for doing this to his mom.