Chapter Eleven

Lauren's POV

"Why are we going to Camila's house again?" Dino asked.

We were currently riding to Camila's house.

"She just got some bad news, we're just going to be there for her." I told him.

"Did something happen to Toby, because that would be awful?" He said with concern.

"No, Toby is okay. It was Camila's dad he was really sick and it was too much for his body to handle." I try explaining.

"Did he die?" He wondered.

"Yes, last night in his sleep." I said.

"Oh, I bet she's really sad. I would be very sad if my dad died." I could see that he felt for Camila.

"Yeah, me too bud." I tell him.

"Is that why you brought food, to make her feel better? Camila really likes your food."

"It might help, but the only thing that can really make it better is time." I said.

"Time?" He questioned.

"Yes, they say that time heals all wounds." I looked over at him briefly and he was pondering my words.

"In time she'll get use to him being gone." He mused.

I loved how he just picked up on things, I always see if he could figure things out on his own before I rushed​ and tell him. His brain is remarkable and I couldn't believe how smart he was.

"Exactly baby, the more time that passes the less it will hurt."

"I'm glad that we're going to see Camila, we can be there for her right?" He says.

I smiled. "Absolutely we can."

"You're a good friend mom; did you have a lot of friends when you were my age?"

"When I was your age I had one friend, her name was Lucy. We were best friends for several years until she moved when I was thirteen, I met your dad a couple months later." I shared.

"I thought you would have had a lot of friends, because you're so pretty and smart. Everyone loves you mom." He complimented.

"What is a friend Dino?" I asked him.

"Um, someone you can hang out and have fun with." He says.

"Yeah you can have fun and hang out with a friend but friendship is more than that. A friend is someone you care for and trust, anyone else is an acquaintance." I told him.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to make a friend?" He asked.

I looked over at him and smile. "I do, you're going to gain the confidence you need to make a friend I believe that Dino. Besides friends come in all types of ways, maybe someone will approach you and you'll just click."

"I wish I was normal, so I could have a friend." He says.

"There is no such thing as 'normal' Dino, that word is just used to compare people. Everyone is not the same so it's hard to say what 'normal' is. You are perfect sweetheart the way you are, and you will make a friend by just being my handsome and clever boy. Don't ever let anyone tell you differently, okay." I encouraged.

"Okay mom." He says.

"I love you Dino." I told him.

"I love you too Mom."

Dino and I talked until we got to Camila house I really loved these moments I get to have with him. I wish I was able to have him with me all the time but Trevor and I have joint custody. I loved that Trevor was so involved in Dino's life it just sucks dividing the time we have our son in half.