Dangerous Prince: The Choice (chap 25)

Start from the beginning

Was there anything more dreadful than to see the person you valued the most suffering and dying little by little?

Damn the demon named Devaughn for making the frontterras suffer like this!

I continued on examining her body and became more and more pissed off when I saw blood flowing from Analee's wounds. I looked back at Athrun only to get more pissed off because he was looking at me with a blank expression in his face.

When I cannot stand his gaze anymore, I stood up and glared at him. "What the hell is your problem?"

No response.

"If you have nothing to say just leave!"

He stood up and said, "Are you sure you want to do the ritual to save Analee?"

"Are you here to stop me?" I spat.

"I thought you want to serve God," he said calmly. "I thought you said that you'd rather die than give up being an angel?"

"This is different," I insisted. "I love her! You cannot expect me to just stand here and watch her die! If I have to give up being an angel and become a human just to save her then I'll do it without even a single doubt!"

"So you are telling me that you are ready to become a human?"

"I wasn't!" I do not want to become a human but if it were the only way to save Analee then I would do it.

Maybe this was the reason why Analee did not tell me that there is a way to save her. She knew how much I wanted to become an angel again. She does not want me to sacrifice my happiness just to save her.

"You really sure?"

"Nothing can change my mind."

"How about your bad-tempered evil little sister?" he asked in distaste.

Zena. She had suffered enough too. I hope she could find someone who would be willing to sacrifice too just to save her. Someone who will love her and take care of her. She deserves some happiness.

I looked at Athrun meaningfully.

"Don't look at me that way!" He held up his hands. "I love being an angel! I don't want to sacrifice it just to save Zena!"

"You don't like her?" Hmm... this was the first time I heard him saying that he hated a woman. I wonder what Zena did to make Athrun hate her this way.

He rolled her eyes. "How could I possibly like her? She is always angry. Does you sister even know how to smile?"

I smiled and went back to Analee's side.

"Why are you smiling?" he demanded.

I shrugged.

Looks like Athrun finally found the girl he had been looking for.

The door burst open and Ashley came in wearing a white dress. She looked at Athrun and stuck out her tongue.

Athrun arched his brow.

"You deserve Zena's punch." She stuck out her tongue again.

I looked at Athrun whose cheeks turned red. "Zena punched you?"

Athrun was blushing? Was that even possible? I laughed silently. He definitely had found his match.

Athrun clenched his jaw and looked at Ashley evilly. "Why are you here?"

Ashley looked at me and gave me a warm smile. "The ritual is about to start."

I took a deep breath. This was it. Ely will perform the ritual to turn us back into angel. But after that, I will perform the ritual to save Analee and as a sacrifice... I will be changed into a human.