Chapter 29

NORMANI POV

I've never been so happy to talk to Lauren in all of my life. We needed to talk, we both know that. I can't believe she pushed me away because she was scared to lose me. Shouldn't that mean that she should cling to me for dear life? That's what I'd imagined anyway. Clearly, we feel totally different about the idea of dealing with things. We had spent last night snuggled in bed. It was perfect and needed. Feeling her wrapped around me, her skin against my own, it was like coming home. Truly, it was. I know things aren't going to be easy for the foreseeable, but I want to be there for her. I'll always want to be there for her. She means the world and more to me, so if she thinks that a couple of angry parents are going to scare me away, she is totally wrong.

Stepping into my heels, we have decided to do our night out that was planned on Friday...tonight. Yes, we both have classes tomorrow, but we can still let our hair down a little. It's needed, and I know we could both use the break. It's almost 6:30, and Lauren has text me to say that she will be here shortly. She is driving over, and we are walking down to the restaurant. Tonight, we will come back to my place and she will spend the night. I'd suggested her apartment, but my place is closer to the bar we are headed to after our dinner reservation.

Hearing her pull up outside and blare the horn, I smile and grab my purse. My low cut royal blue dress hanging perfectly against my body, I must admit...I look pretty hot. Opening my front door, I find my beautiful brunette standing at the bottom of my driveway. Jesus Christ, she looks amazing. Giving her my best  smile, she blushes and motions for me to come a little closer. "Hi, beautiful lady." She gives me her best smile and plants a kiss on my lips.

"Mm, Hi." I smile into our kiss and take her hand in my own.

"You ready to go?" She asks as she laces our fingers together.

"Sure." I give her a nod and we head off down the street. "I missed you."

Pulling me in closer, she rests her arm around my waist and places a kiss on my cheek. "I missed you too, Normani."

"I have something to confess." She gives me a simple nod, and I continue. "I, um...I thought when you forgot about our reservation that you didn't want to be seen in public with me. Like, you didn't really want us to go public."

"Oh, baby...I'm so sorry. It wasn't that at all." She gives me a sad smile. "You know that, right?"

"I do now, yes," I state as we cross the street. "I just couldn't believe you had forgotten. Kinda felt like you'd forgotten about me."

"No, I could never forget about you. I'm so sorry for the way I've behaved. It won't happen again."

"Promise?" I raise an eyebrow.

"I promise." Giving me a chaste kiss, we reach the restaurant we have our reservation at and she pushes the door open. Neve letting go of my hand, we are directed to our seats and she orders a bottle of their best red and white wine.

Perusing our menu's, I find her glancing around inconspicuously. "Everything okay, Lauren?"

Startling her from her thoughts, she gives me a smile and nods. "Yes. It's just...busy?"

"Yeah, it is kinda busy for a Sunday evening. Do you not want to be here?" Narrowing my eyes, I stare intently.

"What? No. I'm starving." She laughs. Taking my hand from across the table, she runs her thumb over my knuckles and clears her throat. "So, what are you going for?"

"Mm, shrimp?" I raise an eyebrow. "Oh, and the lobster sounds pretty good."

"Oh, definitely the lobster."