Chapter 18

NORMANI POV

What do I want to know? What do I want to know? "I want to know everything there is to know about the beautiful Lauren Jauregui." A beautiful name for a beautiful woman.

I'd spent the most amazing weekend with this woman sat in front of me, but when I'd thought about it earlier after she had left my place, I barely know her at all. I mean, I feel like I know her. I feel like I've known her for a long time, but I don't. I don't know how she grew up. If she's had relationships before. If she has any siblings. I just, I want to know her inside and out. Sure, I've got the outside covered. I'm not sure I could know her any better outside, but I want to know what makes Lauren tick. What drives her crazy. Her bad habits

   I give her a small smile and sip on my wine. The food coupled with the woman I'm with is just blowing my mind right now. "How did you learn to cook so good?"

"Oh, our chef. She was like a second mother to me. Amazing woman." Our chef? Does she own a restaurant? "She was like a mother to me because my own was never around." She scoffs and drops her gaze. Playing with her food, I narrow my eyes and give her a minute.

"Oh, did.. Um, did she work a lot?" I question, not wanting to seem too intrusive.

"Yeah, a lot. She's a lawyer. Always taking care of everybody else's problems instead of her own. Our own." Waiting for her to continue, I finish off my dinner and sit listening. "So whenever I got home from school, Rosa, our chef, would call me into the kitchen and I would spend hours helping out. I loved it. I still do."

"That must have been hard. It's nice that you had another figure, though. Rosa certainly taught you a thing or two in the kitchen. This food is amazing, Lauren." I give her a knowing smile and she reciprocates.

"Thanks. It was nice. I could always rely on her to be there for me." Clearing her throat, Lauren looked up from her plate. "Was your mother always there for you?"

"She was." I give a nod and train my eyes on the glass in front of me. "She still is."

"That's nice. W-What was it like, I mean, growing up with your mom?"

"Awesome. I mean, she didn't slack on the discipline or my father, but I had a pleasant upbringing." I feel awful saying this, but She asked. "Are you still close with your family?"

"Yeah. I speak to my dad most weeks. He travels a lot too now but he always takes the time to call me. Mom is still mom." She shrugs. "My brother, Chris, he's a little older than me. he decided to stay inside of the family business."

"The family business?" I furrow my brow.

"Yeah." She states. Looking up at me, she can see I'm waiting for more. "Oh, it was just hotels at first. Now he has five golf resorts and I think it's seven spa resorts now."

"Wow. Impressive." I smile.

"Yeah, I guess. I've grown up with it, though, so I don't find it all that impressive anymore. Daddy worked for his money, and I'm proud of him."

"Of course." I agree. "I'd be proud, too."

"Do you have any siblings?" She asks.

"Yeah, I have a Sister. Ashlee." I smile. "She's awesome. She would love you."

"Really?" Her megawatt smile appears and I melt into my seat. "You think that?"

"I know it." I give a nod and she blushes. "Maybe one day you two could meet."

"I'd love that." She smiles. "I'd really love that."

"Great. Maybe we should wait, though, you know, until we can officially be together." I laugh. "I don't think my mom would approve of me taking my student home to meet her."