Chapter 17

Lauren POV

"Jesus!" I roll over my back and catch my breath. "T-That, oh God, I don't even know what I was going to say! I can barely breathe, Normani."

"Well, when you get all worked up like that, it's kinda hard to stop." She smiles and I swear my breath catches in my throat. She's just...freaking gorgeous. "I think I pulled my back."

"That'll be the age difference." I throw her a wink and quickly get to my feet.

"T-The what?" She gasps.

"Well, you are almost thirty." I smile. I'm totally playing with her but the horror on her face is too hilarious to stop. "These things will happen as you get older."

"I'm not old." She scoffs as she gets to her feet.

Wincing as the pain heightens in her back, I raise an eyebrow. "Uh, tell that to your back." Pulling her in close, I press my body against hers and run my fingers through her hair. "It's okay, we can just partake in less, um, strenuous activities. I don't mind."

"Less strenuous?" Her  eyes narrowing, she wraps her arms around my waist and lifts me. Wrapping my legs around her, I squeal and tighten my grip around her shoulders. "Who said I had to be less strenuous? Besides, Miss Jauregui, older means I have so much more experience."

"Oh yeah?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Hell yeah! I think it's you who could learn a thing or two from me." She laughs. "So I suggest you play nice, or I will have to stop teaching."

"Mm, you wouldn't!" I tease. "What exactly is on your syllabus?"

"Oh, stick with me and you will find out." She smiles as she moves me back towards the bed." Who'd have thought that this would be how I was going to spend my Sundays? Not me. Knowing I have to leave for my place later today, it's playing on my mind. I can't bare the thought of leaving this woman. It will be hard enough keeping my hands to myself tomorrow on campus, so knowing that I won't fall asleep tonight with Normani wrapped around me is putting me on a downer.
....

Today I plan on making the most of it. I have to. I have promised that I will behave during the week. I have a tonne of work to get through, and Normani has a lot of her own stuff to work on. So, it only seems reasonable that at the moment, our relationship is weekend focused. Lay back with Normani hovering above me, I look into her eyes and see that something is wrong. "What's up, beautiful?" Running my thumb across her cheek, I give her a sad smile.

"Nothing. It's stupid." She blushes.

"If it's playing on your mind, then it's not stupid. Talk to me."

"I just-" Shaking her head, she sighs. "It's nothing."

"Please?" I give her a pleading look and push out my bottom lip.

"I don't want you to leave." Dropping her gaze, she focuses on the pillow beside me. "I know you have to, or want to, whatever, but I've just enjoyed having you here so much."

"I don't want to leave, either." I smile and find her gaze again. "Why would I want to?"

"I don't know." She shrugs as she rolls off of me. Lay on her side and facing me, she trails her fingers up my arm and I can see that she is thinking again. "I just don't expect you to be here whenever I ask you to be. You have a life, Lauren. You are a student so your social life is huge for you right now."

"No, what is huge for me, is that I get to spend this time with you. I love being here with you. I just wish that you could come by my place sometime."

"Why can't I?" She furrows her brow.

"Because it's pretty close to campus."

"So? I could be visiting anyone in your apartment block. No?"