Chapter 13

NORMANI POV

Amazing. The only possible way to describe the weekend I've just had. Simply freaking amazing. Lauren is the most wonderful person I've ever spent time with, and right now, I'm desperate to I see her. Problem is, I am the one who has maintained that this has to remain professional on campus. It's the only thing to do. I have to admit, though, that being secretive is kinda hot. Lauren agrees too. Sure, it may turn us on that whole lot more, but I'd much rather prefer to hold her hand as I please, or take her to dinner whenever the mood takes me. I know those things are possible, but her being a full-time student, and me having a tonne of work on right now doesn't leave us much time to drive out of town to grab some food.

I'd asked her to stay last night, but she had turned me down. I understand, though. Monday morning means that more people from campus are out and about early and she is petrified that we would have been caught leaving my house. I share her fear, too, but I didn't want her to leave. Having spent the weekend together doing nothing at all, she had promised me that today's session would be an intense one. I may be dating my student, but I'm not about to let her fall back on her work. If that means being hard on her sometimes, then so be it.
.....

Now making my way through the doors of Mount University, I desperately want to see the brunette who had shared my bed all weekend. I want to see her. I want to feel her. I just...want her. Maybe she could come by tonight? Maybe I could go to her place? I have to have some time with her, and I will find a way. My office is out of bounds. She suggested it and I reluctantly agreed. I know I'm going to struggle to keep my hands to myself, but I have to. If I'm ever going to get any of my work done, I have to.

Finishing my first class of the day, I slipped my bag onto my shoulder and made my way out into the corridor. Deciding that I need a fix of caffeine before I retreat to the office for the next few hours, I turn and head off in the opposite direction.

Placing my order with the barista, I wait patiently and glance around at the students who are sitting down for lunch. Nobody of interest catches my eye, and I feel a little disappointed. Expecting to find Lauren here, I thank the guy for my coffee and head out. Bumping into Ally on the way, I straighten myself out and turn to leave.

"Professor Hamilton?" She calls after me. Stopping in my tracks, I clear my throat and turn to face her.

"Yes? Can I help you, Miss Brooke?"

"I, uh, I just wanted to apologise for my little outburst last week. I just, Lauren means a lot to me. I just don't want to see her getting hurt."

"I understand that, but please, don't ever come to my office and accuse me of such things again," I state as I turn to leave. "Goodbye, Ally."

Satisfied that we had cleared the air, I make my way up to my office and close the door behind me. I appreciate her apology, but the things she said still hurt a lot. To think that one of the students seen me as someone who would prey on a person that I teach unsettled me. I know she is only looking out for Lauren, but what she said was unfair. She doesn't know me, and she has no right to judge. If I remember right, she was the one who was goading Lauren on in the music room. She was the one who was telling her best friend to go for it.

Pushing all thoughts of Ally from my mind, I take a seat behind my desk and pull out the tasks I have set up for Lauren's session. She should be here soon, and I want to try and get as much in as possible. I don't want her slacking, and the weekend had only eaten into her study time. I don't imagine she studies much at the weekend anyway, judging by the stories she had told me, but I don't want to be the cause of her falling behind again. I'm the person who is supposed to be supporting her and encouraging her, and while I love spending the entire Sunday afternoon in bed with her, it can't always be like that.