Chapter 10

⚠️SMUT ⚠️ this is kinda a filler chapter

LAUREN POV

"Y-You want me to stay?" Her eyes narrowing, I swear the air has left my entire body.

"Yes."

"Like, just until you want to sleep, o-or all night?" I have to be sure she means this. I don't want any regrets. Too much has happened in this short space of time, and I don't want her to feel like she has to do this.

"All night, Lauren." She smiles. "If you want to. I-I don't want you to feel pressured."

Stepping away from her, I move back towards the couch and take a seat. Thinking it over, I realise that I do want to stay. Truth be told, I don't ever want to leave. I'd come here tonight with the intention of just being her friend, but the things she said? The hurt in those eyes from Ally's words? Her voice under pressure from the emotions coursing through her entire being? I couldn't leave. I couldn't allow her to believe that I'd said those things to Ally. I'd never do that to her. How dare she go to Normani and accuse her of those things. Knowing that I will likely fall out with my friend again, I decide to push her and her attitude to the back of my mind and concentrate on the woman in front of me. The woman who is now looking at me as though I'm about to run again.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked." She sighs as she runs her fingers through her gorgeous curly hair. "You can leave. I'll be okay."

My head snapping up, I get to my feet and motion for her to come closer to me. Doing so, I can see her struggling with her emotions. Why have I done this to her? How could I let it get this far and hurt her like this?

"Come here." Opening my arms, she all but falls into them and holds onto the back of my jacket. As I feel her grip tightening, I know right now, in this moment, that I want this. I want her. Without a shadow of a doubt, I want her in my life. All of her. There has to be an us.

"I'm not leaving." Placing a light kiss on top of her curls, I pull back and stare into those gorgeous, impossibly amazing brown eyes. "I'm not leaving you again."

"Promise?" Her voice laced with fear, I can almost feel my heart beating out of my chest. I don't take promises lightly.

"I promise, Normani." Running my thumb along her cheek, I give her a smile. "We have a lot to figure out, but I want this. I want you."

"I never thought I would have you here with me again. At least, not like this." Her  eyes telling me that everything is going to be okay, I press my lips to her own and allow every worry I have to disappear. Nothing else matters right now. I'm right where I should be, and it is the most amazing feeling in the world.

Feeling her deepen our kiss and tug on my waist, I find myself being pulled across the living room and towards the flight of stairs leading to her bedroom. Oh god, this is actually happening. Unsure if I can even move, I allow her to guide me to where she wants me. I don't care. I want this just as much as she does. I can feel her all over, but nowhere near me at the same time.

Never breaking our kiss, she expertly manoeuvres us up the stairs and along the hallway. Reaching her bedroom door, she pulls me inside and guides me towards her bed. Nothing but the full moon outside lighting our bodies, she stops what she is doing and pulls back. "Lauren, I want you, but I need to know, I-I need to know that this is definitely what you want."

I have no words for her, I'm too lost in her touch, her scent, her... everything. Deciding that words aren't needed for her desperate question, I push my hand against her shoulder and allow the back of her legs to connect with the edge of the bed. Pushing her down, I pull her body further up the bed, and I follow. One knee on the edge of the bed, I climb up her and hover my lips over her own. "I want you, Normani. All of you."