Chapter 19

LAUREN POV

It had been a great weekend. I knew that I'd be spending it at Normani's place, but for her to come back to my apartment on Sunday evening just topped our time off perfectly. I was wary, I'm not going to lie, but once she was behind my door, and away from everyone else, that worry melted and disappeared faster than a track and field athlete hitting the finish line. I know that we have to be careful, and I plan on maintaining that attitude, but seeing her makes me feel everything I'd never thought imaginable.

Sure, we are doing good at remaining distant during campus times, and I figured that even if we were opening together, it would still be the same, but I just want to touch her. Smile at her. Throw her one of my sultry winks. But I can't. I can't, and that's okay. It's okay because I get to wake up next to her gorgeous body, and I get to hold her every night. So, yeah, Lauren Jauregui can live without the touch and the attention of Normani Hamilton for eight hours a day. It's totally fine.

Sipping on my coffee that my friends were too busy wrapped up in themselves to notice she had left me, I close my eyes and my mind takes me back to the very hot and very strenuous weekend I'd just been a part of. Dinah  had given me an odd look when I walked into the cafeteria this morning, and I know that she is just waiting to jump on my choice of clothing today, but I'm not worried. I'm pretty convincing when I have to be, and she usually falls for whatever lie I make up.

Opening my eyes, I find that my best friend has joined us and is now sat extremely close to me. "Hey." I smile and give her an odd look.

"Hey." Leaning in closer, she nudges my shoulder and raises an eyebrow. "You know that you look kinda weird wearing that turtleneck?"

"Why?" I feign confusion.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because it's freaking hot outside and you have that on." She laughs. "I can totally see the huge mark behind your ear, too."

"Shit. Can you?" I snap my head around and give her a pleading look. "Really?"

"Yeah. Pretty much. The makeup isn't doing the best job." Ally shrugs and I want the floor to swallow me up. "Good weekend then, huh?"

"Stop, Ally. I can't think about my weekend while I'm here." Blushing, I drop my head and smile to myself.

"You don't have to say anything, Lo. I can see it." My best friend smiles. Lowering her tone, she leans in closer. "I'm happy for you."

"Thank you." I smile. Turning my attention back to the others around me, I roll my eyes and see how disconnected they are from the day ahead. "Guys, we should probably head to class."

"What's the hurry, Lauren ?" Dinah whines. "You wanting to get out of public view with that hideous jumper on?"

"Just rather not be late." I shrug. "Catch you there then." Giving Ally a hug and promising to call her later, I head off out of the cafeteria and down the corridor to the gorgeous woman I've had all to myself for the past three nights.

Settled in my seat, I focus on the work in front of me. I've promised both myself and Normani that I would work hard, and I have every intention of standing by my word. I mean sure, I could sit and stare at her for my entire class, but I don't need to. I can see her whenever I want, and I know that she has a tonne of work on right now. Not wanting to distract her, I concentrate on what is in front of me and pray that the day goes a whole lot quicker.

"Hey, you're into girls right?" A voice whispers behind me. Turning in my seat, I give the unknown student a strange look and she smiles at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Um, you didn't." I furrow my brow. I've seen her many times before, but we've never spoken. I don't even remember her name.

"So, are you? Into girls?" She questions me again.