Chapter 33 - Tragedy

"NO!" I heard a scream. Everything was still black but sounds were slowly coming back to me. The only sounds audible was the clashes of Kunai and Shuriken, and the yells of Shinobi. I felt so disoriented and like something had been ripped out of me. Little did I know that something had been. I opened my eyes to see the pitch black sky. Not a star in sight. I tried to sit but my body wouldn't move. I managed to turn my head to the side to look at the feet of none other than Madara Uchiha. He looked different than the other reanimations, more realistic.

"You're awake" his deep voice said.

"W-wha, what. What h-have you, you do-ne?" I struggled to ask. My whole face felt numb.

"Struggling just a little? Hahaha, it satisfies me so much to see you like this. All I have done is simply ripped my soul from you. You've always been a key part in my plan. All that's left is to take the ten tails from you. Unfortunately this will have to be done without Obito the traitor. That is no problem thought, now that I am alive all that's left is for Zetzu to to bring me Obito's Rinnegan. It's a shame about that pesky brother of yours and his friend. I asked him to join me but that's alright"

"What did you do to them!" I said with some form of new found strength as purple started to swirl around me. I begun to stand up weakly.

"Let's just say you missed their last breath as I took the Nine Tails from Naruto and impaled Sasuke with his own katana" Madara said with his sadistic grin. A tear fell from my eye. First I had lost Itachi, and now Sasuke. But Sasuke could be gone for good. Suddenly a barrage of kunai and shuriken were thrown Madara forcing him to move. With his eyes closed he appeared in front of me.

"Oh and who are you? Probably just a low class shinobi with no brain" Madara asked.

"I, am Shisui of the Body Flicker" he said and opened his eyes revealing his Eternal Mangekyō Sharingan.

"Hmmm, are you Uchiha or just someone who has received those like that Kakashi Hatake?" He questioned. Shisui gave him no answer but instead disappeared after fire shuriken were thrown at Madara.

"Guess I'll find out" Madara said and prepared for Shisui's attack. Shisui was one of the fastest people I know up in the ranks of Minato and the Raikage. He moved so fast only his voice could be heard.

"You're going to pay for what you've done Madara Uchiha. You've soiled the Uchiha name. You murdered both Naruto and Sasuke, you almost killed the love of my life. You.....you..."

The words he said next ripped my heart into pieces. Every bit of my body went numb and the only pain I could feel was in my chest. I struggled to breathe as the purple chakra intensified. I screamed louder than I ever had before, ripping through the environment around me and bringing everyone to a standstill.

*A few moments before*

It had been done and no one knew if Naomi would live. They were devastated. First Sasuke had been killed in cold blood, then Naomi had a soul ripped from her. Itachi had lost both his siblings within a matter of hours, now he knew what it must've felt like when he was killed. Shisui was in absolute panic, what is he to do? Storm in on one of the most powerful people to ever live?

"Tsunade please can you sense if she's still alive. I need to know" Shisui begged as Lady Tsunade walked over.

"I can try but I'm not sure if I can sense that far" she said and concentrated on the giant beast that Madara Uchiha stood atop with and unconscious and possibly dead Naomi lying at his feet. As she intensified her concentration, she found an answer to Shisui's question as he paced around the small rocky area with Itachi trying to calm him. A slow but steady heartbeat. What she then realised almost stopped her heart altogether as she felt incredibly sad in an instant.