40

The last lesson came to a close, me and mike met up at the bike rack and took out our bikes, seeing dustin and lucas' bikes still parked inside the bike rack, I shook my head in disgust and pushed the pedal riding away from the school ground and through mirkwood.

We spent a quiet trip through the silent forest, just pedalling quickly up the fallen leaves and passed the train track and long trees, eventually arriving at the Byers residence.

I felt guilt and anxiety rise in my bones as I saw the house, clothes on the washing line, wind blowing against the wind chime and swing, holy fuck the swings next to his room, is he asleep? Aww look how adorable he looks.

"You alright there, daydreamer?" Mike asked and walked infront of me to the front door, I quickly ran behind him and stood at the front door beside him as he banged against the door.

"Will! Mrs. Byers?" He yelled.

"Anybody home?" I joined in and thankfully the door opened.

"Oh, hey mike," joyce smiled as she opened the door slightly. "And (y/n)," she added looking to me.

"Is will here?" Mike asked, joyce looked behind her and back to us two standing outside.

"Mike, now's not a good time," Joyce tried to explain.

"Is he okay?" Mike interrupted.

"Uh, you know, he's not feeling too well, he's laying down, but I'll tell you two stopped by, okay?" She suggested, leading mike outisde for her to walk back inside.

"Joyce," I spoke up, she held onto the door knob and paused.

"It's about the shadow monster, isn't it?" Mike asked, she furrowed her brows and looked at me and mike carefully.

"How do you-" she started but I soon cut her off.

"The night at the arcade, on Halloween night and yesterday he saw it, didn't he?" I asked, she looked to me, her lip quivering as if she had something to say but nothing could choke out of her throat.

"Come inside," she said and opened the door, letting us past, mike walked through and I walked after him, realising all the crayon filled drawings, lined paper, plain pater, card, sugar paper and coloured card, it was like a sweet shop of paper. "You can go talk to him if you want, he didn't come into school today because his temperature was really cold, he told me yesterday that the monster he sees, he feels," Joyce pointed put and started walking down the corridor, more drawing taped against the walls and ceiling. "Just a heads up," she smiled weakly, scrunching her nose slightly and held into his bedroom door knob.

"Thank you joyce," I smiled, she opened the door and walked inside first.

"You have visitors!" She annouced and stood aside, showing me and mike. His red eyes widened and he got up from laying on his bed to hugging me and mike tightly.

"Thank you so much for coming," he mumbled in mikes jacket.

"That's okay," I replied and he pull away.

"I'll be in the living room," joyce said and walked back out, closing the door. Me and mike looked at wills face, his eyes were red and puffy, he had sweat soaked through his grey jumper, there was remaining tears in his eyes, basically he was a mess.

"I'm so sorry," he apologised with his worried yet sad eyes.

"Sorry for what?" Mike asked.

"I couldn't get rid it, it came for me, I tried to make it go away, it wouldn't leave," will replied, his bottom lip quivered and liquid shimmered in his eyes.

"Come sit down, explain what happened in the episode, what these drawings are all about and we can have a sleepover maybe, is that alright?" I suggested, will furrowed his brows and sharply breathed in, nodding.