9

"Thanks for coming out," I thanked, hugging mike outside of his front door.

"That's alright," he said, opening his door, I waved as I walked away from his home, grabbing my bike and riding off to my house, through mirkwood. Just a shortcut.

I got of my bike, my legs felt a little weak to ride. I walked against the bike, my costume still in its bag and dangling off the handle bars. I doddled off for a while, looking at the fallen leaves and the train track we walked on last year, trying to find the gate.

What is that?

I looked at the leaves a little harder, there was a rectangular shaped wood, it's been filed down, so it can't be some stray wood. I put my bike down, bending my knees to reach down to the wood. I swiped the leaves off, seeing some rusty, gold hinges at the back. It must be some kind of box.

I opened the box up, looking inside to some waffles? And a container, a wooden one to be exact. I pushed the waffles aside, opening the container, full of other foods such as peanuts, cocktail sausages and two tea biscutes.

"What the hell?" I asked myself, I close the container putting it back in the box and put the waffles on top so it seemed untouched. I flipped over the lid, neatly, grabbing some leaves and stacking them over the box. So it wasn't noticeable.

I got on my bike, pedalling back home, I didn't care whether my legs began to ache, all I could focus on was that box, why on earth was it there? The food, the waffle being layed out more and some other pieces of food placed inside too. Why was it in a box? More importantly why in the middle of Hawkins, who was meant to take it?

I rode outside of mirkwood, riding down the road that led to my house. Swinging my left leg to my right and taking foot on the ground, I took my costume of my handle bars, letting the bike fall and running up to my front door. I came inside, running upstairs and throwing my costume on my bag, getting my super-com from the bedside table, channelling to will.

"Will?" I asked the gadget, I waited for an answer meanwhile static went off. "Will?" I sung, the static blaring for a short amount of time.

"Hello?" I heard him answer, the machine making his voice sound broken.

"Hiya munchkin," I replied, feeling my cheeks rise. 

"Hello (y/n)," he replied again seeming quite annoyed.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, um when you coming over?" He asked me.

"I'd come now of you'd like," I suggested.

"Please do, and ask if you can stay for the night, please," he begged into the super com.

"Okay, give me a minute," I replied, I ran downstairs, with the super com in my hand and looked inside the living room seeing my mom with her feet spread across the coffee table and my dad snoring in his chair.

"Hi mom, can I stay over will?" I asked, standing aside the TV, realising she was asleep too.

"Their both asleep, I'll leave a note for them," I told the machine. I put the super com on the coffee table, getting a piece of paper from the notes in my bag, including a pen and messily writing down my note.

Dear mom and dad,

I've gone to wills house, I was gonna ask if I could stay but none of you were awake but don't worry I'm at Joyce's house, I love you lots an I'll see you after school.

(Y/n) xx

I layed the ripped paper onto the TV stand and took my super com from the coffee table, running back up the stairs, snatching my costume from the bed, and quickly ran inside my parents bedroom, looking at the side that was my mums, and looking for shoes. She had red stiletto heels, ouch. A pair of black medium sized heels, nah. Then I pulled out a pair of boots (which were also small heels) that crawled up to the knee.

I took the shoes and the bag, putting them inside my school bag, putting one strap over my shoulder and leaving the house quietly.