59

Hopper stirred the bleach inside the jug that he gripped in his hand, opened the lid and poured it into a cotton pad, he knelt down and position the fabric to his nose. He left it there for a while before moving away when Will awoke and looked up, gasping loudly.

His eyes wide open but not only were they open they were... completely brown almost to the shade of black. He started to remember to breathe and sarted fidgeting inside of his cardboard card which he was wrapped by string against a pole, also covered in scrapes of cardboard.

"What is this?" He asked, looking off at joyce with his hot eyes. "Why am I tied up?"

Hopper unfolded the drawing of the shadow monster that Will drew himself, Joyce bent her knees and crouched infront of him.

"Will we just want to talk to you, we're not gonna hurt you," Joyce whispered, calmly, Will glared at her confusingly and looked up to Hop.

"Where am I?" He asked loudly.

"Regonise this?" Hopper asked, holding up his drawing with his right hand. Will looked at it worryingly and started shaking his head slowly. "Do you regonise this?" Hopper repeated, causing Will to shake his head faster.

"Hey," Joyce spoke, Wills focus drooped from Hoppers to Joyces. "We wanna help you," she spoke in her whispering reassurance voice. "But to do that we have to understand how to kill it," she finished bluntly, raising her brows.

"Why am I tied up?" Will yelled at her.  "Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up? Why ami tied up?" He screamed, kicking in his chair, hopper held the back of his neck and held him back.

"Hey!" Joyce spoke up, trying to stop him from screaming.

"Why am I tied up? Why am I tied up?" He screamed, kicking more agressivly. "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go-o!" He yelled, or the monster yelled. The two bright lights flickered and Will voiced changed into a deep one.

Mike and Johnathan stepped back a little, shocked at his behaviour, I watched as a familiar black mist peeked through small pieces of cardboard and clump behind Will. I felt my blood boil and my eyebrows furrowed. It turned to me, almost as if it was a person.

leave him alone, bitch.

I said in my head, the mist trailed backwards and hovered at the ground.

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! Let go-o, let. Me. Go! Let me go! Let me go." Will calmed down a little his head dangling over Hoppers elbow as he looked at his mom. "Let me go," he started to even his breathing. "Let me go," he finished, hopper let go of him slowly, looking at Joyce and she sat on the opposite cardboard chair.

"Do you know what March 22nd is?" She asked, Will say up a little looking at Joyce confused. "It's your birthday," she smiled. "your birthday," she repeated. "When you turned eight, I gave you that huge box of crayons, d'you remember that?" She asked, smiling a little. "A hundred and twenty colours," she said. "And all your friends got you, Star Wars toys," she continued. "But all you wanted to do was draw with all your new colours. And you drew this big spaceship, but it wasn't from a movie it was your spaceship a 'rainbow ship' that's what you called it. And you must've used every colour in the box. And I took that with me to mellvault to hang it up. I told everyone who came in, my son drew this. And you were so embarrassed," she paused laughing at herself a little. "But I was so proud, so, so proud," she finished, smiling.

"Do you remember the day dad left?" Johnathan asked, Wills head quickly snapped to Johnathans gaze. Johnathan bent his knees and crouched next to his mom. "We stayed up all night building castle byers," he paused. "Just the way you drew it, and it took so long cause you was so bad at hammering," he paused him an his mom giggled. "You missed the nail everytime, then it started raining but we stayed out there anyways, we both were sick a week after that, but we just had to finish it, we just had to," johnathan stopped, also smiling to Will.

"Do you remember the first day that we met?" Mike asked, Will looked up to Mike as a small tear fell down his cheek. "It was the first day of kindetgarden, I knew nobody, I was so alone, I was so scared, but I saw you on the swings and you was alone too," he sniffed, another tear falling down. "Swinging by yourself, I walked up to you and I asked,  I asked if you wanted to be my friend, you said yes, you said yes, it was the best thing I've ever done," he stopped, sniffing again.

"Do you remember when we had a sleepover at your house a couple weeks ago?" I spoke, he looked next to Mike and stared at me, it felt uneasy to speak to him, like I never knew who he was like he's a stranger or something. "We were just about to get ready for bed and we couldn't stop laughing because of the bathroom incident as we call it," I smiled.  "We went to go brush our teeth and I slipped up on cause I dropped the mouthwash on the floor," I heard Joyce giggle. "Your mom walked in and told us to keep it down cause it was eleven at night," I laughed again. It suddenly fell silent and my smile disappeared.

"Will, baby, If you're in there just please, please talk to us, please, can you do that for me? Please? I love you so much," Joyce said, Will looked as if he was about to cry, it almost looked like he remembered and he was back but them he stopped and looked seriously at them.

"Let me go,"