I was still reading journal. I just couldn't stop.

Me "Valerie was like a breath of fresh air. I'd been suffocating, and hadn't even realized it-"

I was cut off by a music box which appeared on the nightstand next to me, playing a quiet song as the ballerina inside spun around. 

The music box then disappeared.

I raised my eyebrows confused. 

Suddenly it appeared in front of me. I kicked it off the bed and it exploded on the ground. 

I groaned annoyed and shouted "UGH! Thanks, Nora and Mary Louise! Real classy."

Then i heard a phone ring. 

I answered it "Hello?"

Stefan "Angel?"

I breathed out relieved " Stefan!?"

Stefan " How are you on my phone right now?"

Me "You must have dropped it when you got threshold-vacuumed out of here yesterday."

Stefan asked worried " How are you? Did they hurt you again?"

Me " Well, I'm spelled into your room by a menagerie of mean girls, but other than that..."

He sighed "I know. I'm still trying to figure out a way to get into the house."

Me "I'll be fine. Just keep Damon from killing any more Heretics."

Stefan "I will. Lily's only keeping you there to turn me against Damon. I'll convince her that I hate his guts, and she'll have made her point. And you'll be back in my arms"

I smiled "I wish nothing more than that but we still got one more problem. You can't touch me without the vervain burning you"

Stefan "We're gonna take care of that. Somehow. I think"

Me "how's Caroline? Is she with you?"

Stefan "no, she's with Bonnie. I told her not to worry about you but she can't stop and neither can i "

I looked at the journal. 

Stefan " angel?"

I took a deep breath "Who's Valerie Tulle? You wrote about her in your journal from 1863. She must have found a copy in the prison world."

Stefan "Are you talking about one of the Heretics?"

Me "Yeah. Dirty-blonde hair, blue eyes? She's one of my new psycho housemates-"

Suddenly the phone was taken away from me and smashed to the ground. I turned around and saw Valerie. Great. She tried to touch my skin but the spell was still on me.

Valerie "Dirty-blonde hair, blue eyes, psycho. Summarized me to a tee!"

And then everything went black.

---

I groaned in pain and opened my eyes. I looked around, i was still on the floor.

I crawled to the bed and sat down on it.

Valerie was holding Stefan's journal in her hand "How do you have this?"

Me "Nora gave it to me. What was the deal with you and Stefan?"

Valerie sat down on a chair "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Me"You know what? You're right. I'm already in enough pain. The last thing I need to think about is some girl who batted her eyelashes at Stefan, like, a million years ago."

Valerie said amused ""Some girl?" I wasn't just some girl to him, Adelaide. I was the first love of Stefan's life."

I froze.

---

Valerie"... I told Julian i wouldn't fall for Stefan. I was lying. I wasn't prepared for how taken I was with him. He was gorgeous and sweet-"

I cut her off "i got it. And that's when you compelled him to write all those nice things about you in his journal. Spoiler! I've heard this story before, when a sweet, little orphan girl named Katherine Pierce, aka my sister, waltzed into his life. And she never got the guy, her sister did though. And they life a happy life together"

Valerie rolled her eyes"I suppose that would have been easier had I actually had the ability to compel people. I wasn't a vampire back then. I was just a witch, rejected from her coven for being an abomination of nature because I had no power of my own. The only magic I had was contained in an amulet, to be siphoned in times of need."

FLASHBACK—MYSTIC FALLS COUNTY FAIR, 1863

Stefan and Valerie were walking through the fair together as they get to know one another.

Stefan " I have a brother who's away at war, a father who judges me for not joining him, and a mother who was strong and kind. She died when I was ten."

Valerie looked slightly guilty for deceiving him.

Valerie "I'm so sorry."

Stefan shrugged "Oh, it was a long time ago."

Valerie smiled "There's no shame in missing her. A man on the outside with the heart of a boy? There are worse things."

As they walk, they see that Julian is heading right toward them, and looks very unhappy.

Stefan said concerned "Your chaperon is... quite persistent."

Valerie grabbed hold of the amulet around her neck and smiles.

Valerie"Then we shall elude him!"

Valerie takes Stefan by the arm and continues to lead them both toward Julian " Come."

Stefan asked confused"What are you doing?"

Still holding her amulet, Valerie whispers an incantation under her breath.

Valerie " Invisique."

She casts a cloaking spell, causing them both to vanish from Julian's view, forcing him to continue walking, thinking that he simply lost sight of them. Stefan looks at her in amazement as they continue to walk away.

Stefan "How did he not see us?"

Valerie smiled "Would you believe me if I said magic?"

She leads him toward the woods, and Stefan laughs happily.

Flashback end.

I was hurt but i wanted to know more "And then...?"

Valerie smirked "None of your business!"

Me " I know why you put that burning spell on me. It's not so Mary Louise and Nora couldn't touch me. It's so Stefan wouldn't. Be more obvious."

Valerie " Well, since you're so curious... Please, allow me to continue."