Shi' as

✦⋆· Prophet Muhammad (saw) said,"On the Day of Resurrection, pulpits will be set up around the Throne for my Shi'as and the Shi'as of my household, who are sincere in their adherence to our guardianship.

Then Allah, Mighty and Exalted, will say, 'Hurry to Me My servants that I may spread My Magnanimity over you, for you have been hurt in the world."

● The Prophet (saw) was asked by Ibn 'Aabbas about the verse of Allah in the Quran, "And the Foremost Ones are the foremost ones: they are the ones brought near to Allah" [Qur'an 56:10,11],

To which he replied, 'This refers to Ali (as) and his Shi'as - they will be the foremost to enter Paradise, the ones brought near to Allah through His Magnanimity over them."

✦⋆· Imam Ali (as) said, "I complained to the Prophet (saw) about people's jealousy towards me, so he replied, 'O Ali, the first four people to enter Paradise will be myself, you, Hassan and Hussain. The rest of our progeny will be behind us, those who love us will be behind them, and our Shi'as will be on either side of us."

● Imam Ali (as) asked Nawf al-Bakali, "Do you know who my Shi'as are, Nawf?' to which he replied, 'By Allah, no.'

Imam replied, 'My Shi'as have parched lips and empty stomachs. They are those whose faces disclose asceticism, for they are ascetics by night, lions by day."

✦⋆· Imam Hassan Mujtaba (as) said in answer to a man who said to him, "Verily I am one of your Shi'as, 'O 'Aabdallah, if you are truly obedient to us in our commands and prohibitions, then you are telling the truth. But if not, then do not add to your sins by falsely claiming such a dignified position that you are not worthy of.

Do not say, 'I am one of your Shi'as, but say rather, 'I am one of your adherents and one of your lovers and an enemy to your enemies.' You are [doing] good and aiming towards good."

✦⋆· Imam Baqir (as) said, "Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet (saw), was once asked about [the status of] Ali b. Abi Talib (as), to which she replied, 'I have heard the Prophet (saw) say, 'Verily Ali and his Shi'as are the victorious ones."

● "Our Shi'as are none other than those who are consciously wary of their duty to Allah and obey Him.

They are known solely for their humbleness, their humility, their returning promptly whatever is entrusted in their care and their Abundant remembrance of Allah."

● "Our Shi'as are of three types: one type dupe people in our name, one type are like glass which discloses everything that is inside it [that they, like glass, cannot keep hidden that which is placed in their trust, like secrets (ed.)], and one type are like red gold, which the more it is brandished in the fire, the purer it becomes."

● "O community of Shi'a - the Shi'as of the household of Muhammad - be like the middle saddle-cushion, on which the extremist who has slid forward falls back, and with which the follower who is yet to come catches up.'

Upon hearing this, a man called Sa'ad from among the ansar asked him, 'May I be your ransom, who is an extremist?'

He replied, 'They are a group of people who say such things about us that we do not say about ourselves.

Neither are these people from among us, nor do we associate ourselves with them.'

Then the man asked, 'Who is the follower that is yet to come?'

He replied, 'The one who is searching for good and wants it, and who will eventually attain it and be rewarded for it."

✦⋆· Imam Sadiq (as) said, "Verily the Shi'a of Ali were those who restrained their stomachs and their sexual desires, who struggled and fought intensely, who worked hard for their Creator, who hoped for His reward and feared His punishment.