Lady Of Both Worlds Fatimah Zahra (s.a)

•○السَّلامُ عَلیَکِ یا فاطِمَةَ الزَّهرا (س)○°

Name: Fatimah (sa).

Renowned Titles: Zahra, Saddiqa Kubra, Tahira, Raazia, Marziyya, Insiyya, Batool, Hooriyya, Mohaddisa etc.

Subtitle: Umul Hassanain, Ume Abeeha and Umul Aiymma.

Father and mother: Prophet Muhammad (saw) & Khadija Kubra (sa).

Lady Fatimah Zahra (sa) is the greatest symbol and most perfect emblem of politeness and humanity, chastity and piety, bravery and forbearance in the Path of God.

Imam Mahdi (a.j), the Saviour of Mankind declared, "Daughter of Prophet (saw) is a great role model for me."

Her first Son, Imam Hassan Mujtaba (as) is the second Imam and did everything he could for the sake of Allah and Islam.

There are many reports about the Prophet's (saw) love for his grandson al-Hassan (as).

It is reported that while the Prophet (as) would carry al-Hassan (as) on his shoulders, he would say, "O God! I love him, so You also love him!"

Sometimes when the Prophet (saw) was prostrating himself in congregational prayer, al-Hassan (as) would go on the Prophet's back, and the Prophet (saw) would prolong his prostration so that al-Hassan himself comes down.

The Prophet (saw) is also reported to have said about al-Hassan (as), "He is the master of the youth of Paradise and the Proof of Allah upon the ummah ... He who follows him is of me and he who disobeys him is not of me."

There are several accounts of Imam al-Hassan's (as) forbearance, which was so great that earned him the epithet 'al-Halim' (the Forbearing One).

It is reported, for instance, that a Syrian man saw Imam al-Hassan (as) and started cursing him. When he finished his insults, the Imam (a) smiled, greeted him, and said, "It looks like you are a stranger in this city ... If you needed anything, we will fulfill your needs."

The man was deeply impressed by the Imam's (as) noble reaction; he started crying and recited the following verse: "Allah knows best with whom to place His message" (Quran 6:124), indicating that the Imam (as) deserved to be a descendant of the Prophet (saw).

There are various reports as to when Imam al-Hassan (a) was martyred: three days, forty days, or two months after he was poisoned.

When the Imam (as) passed away, all the Medinans mourned. In the burial ceremony, al-Baqi' cemetery became full of people, and the shops were shut down for several days.

Conflict over the Burial Place

Imam al-Hassan (as) reportedly requested from his brother to be buried beside the Prophet (saw), his grandfather.

According to a report, al-Hassan (as) had informed A'isha about his wish and she had agreed. However, when Marwan b. al-Hakam learned about this decision, he reported it to Mu'awiya, and the latter asked him to forcefully prevent that.

According to another report, however, Imam al-Hassan (as) had requested only that his coffin be taken to the grave of the Prophet (saw) before his burial beside the grave of his grandmother Fatima bt. Asad (sa). According to this report, the Imam (as) had urged his brother to avoid any conflict during his burial ceremony.

When Banu Hashim carried the coffin of Imam al-Hassan (as) toward the grave of the Prophet (s), Marwan and a group of the Umayyads took up arms and blocked the way.

Abu l-Faraj al-Isfahani (d. 356) mentions that A'isha arrived there on a mule and asked the Umayyads to stop Banu Hashim.

According to al-Baladhuri's report, when she found out about the conflict, she claimed that the burial place of the Prophet (saw) was her home and she would not allow anyone to be buried there.