Fairness

✦⋆· Prophet Muhammad (saw) said, "Whoever is charitable towards a poor person, and is fair towards people in spite of himself, then he is the true believer."

✦⋆· Imam Ali (as) said, "Fairness is the best of characteristics."

● "Fairness brings harmony between hearts."

● "With fairness relationships last."

● "The zakat of power is fairness."

● "A believer is fair to one who is not fair to him."

● "It is enough for a person ... endowed with intellect to be fair [to others] in spite of himself ... and [for a person] endowed with fairness to accept the truth when it becomes clear to him."

● Imam Ali (as), in his letter to Malik al-Ashtar said, '...be fair for Allah and be fair to people in spite of yourself, and in spite of your close members of your family, and in spite of those towards whom you have inclinations from among your followers, for if you do not do so you will be oppressing."

● "There are three types of people who cannot expect fairness from three other types of people: an intelligent man from a fool, a righteous man from a corrupt man, and a kind man from a vile man."

● "A righteous man cannot expect fairness from a corrupt man, nor can a knowledgeable man expect fairness from an ignorant man."

✦⋆· Imam Baqir (as) said, "There is no justice like fairness."

✦⋆· Imam Sadiq (as) said, "It is not of fairness to demand fairness from brothers."